Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really been playing much but i'm now officially

Plans are now before patch are -

Get all jobs to 50, as I just have BOT to do at 41.
    Finish all Crafting/Gathering Class quests for tools.
    Farm Allagan in Coil.
    Clear Turn 5.
    Gear up BLM in more Allagan/Myth Gear.
    Gear up PLD/BRD in better gear than DL.

Not sure how much of that i'll get done but would like to have at least jobs at 50, crafting/gathering quests done and better gear on my BLM. Been lucky in coil last few weeks as I have been getting 1-2 drops a week.

Suppose I should add making gil to the list as I will need to buy some more T4 Materia.

Does anyone play MNK? My DPS on mnk is always way way way lower than any of my other jobs. Could somebody explain to me how it works / rotation used?

Ho! Ho! Hooooooo!

Last edited by djtickle; 19-11-2013, 12:28.

Comment

Where do you find the time? Aren't you a dad now too?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Where do you find the time? Aren't you a dad now too?
        I really don't play that much, some days not at all. Just my FC is motivated and always something going on. Coil takes 1 hr Turn 1-4 now so after that we just farm points. With WP taking around 15 mins it just leaves us with any other bits to do.

Oh and yes I'm a dad now

Got Allagan gloves for blm tonight and brd body! Seems to be about the 100th brd body we have got with our 4 groups.
        Last edited by djtickle; 19-11-2013, 21:27.

Comment

I need to get up onto WP speed runs but the FC is very quiet, never see anything in the channel - guessing I've got something configured wrong. PLD is now reliced up and now onto finishing the DL though as I said to Moot last night the gains of the DL armour over the Hoplite is minimal, though it seems parry is a little lower.

Other jobs are way behind but slowly dragging them along, most crafts to 20 now and gathering to 25...

As for the other stuff they're all at least 15 with BRD and WHM over 30, thinking next 50 will be WAR in case we have a rebalance of tanks in the near future.

the Dad thing does somewhat constrict playing times, I have pretty much 0 at the weekends and not much in the week. End up doing most runs when I have a conference call or something to keep myself amused

Comment

Struggled in Coil yesterday, had too much distractions going on and Coil needs total focus when on silence duty.

Also Mumble screws with my connection, I get these unable to write notices and as soon as that happens the game starts lagging really bad.

Comment

Making some slight adjustments on the boss tomorrow, will have Jester on WHM and Cerv on BLM, and splitting the party on snake, this apparently works well, I've never tried it. This means you'll be the only BRD (for the boss) so you'll have to pick up slime duty, when the platform glows, it will pop a slime on any party member that is stood on the platform at the time, so you could pop 8 slimes at once for example. As a BRD you need to slowly pull the slime to the boss, and maintain DPS to about 10% at the same time, then feed it too the snake, coming in from the side. Get too far away from it, and will explode on the party (as Jester showed us). The boss will heal based on the remaining hp of the slime it is fed. In doing this you remove one stack of his damage buff, when he puts himself back together, he gains an instant 8 stacks, which is why it's pretty much a wipe when that happens.

Comment

Not sure I am misunderstanding what you are saying but your bard thats going to feed should be the only person on a glowing platform.

Comment

I was explaining how the Dark Matter Slimes work, since Wedge was asking in Turn 1 last night, but we had 2 Bards, and had the other feed. Will be changing it too just Wedge tomorrow.

Comment

Ok I should be able to manage that, will also rewatch the video for it beforehand.

Comment

Good job clearing Turns 1-3, now the warm up is out the way, the real fun begins!

Comment

You should see them moving

Also Titan Extreme looks disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                          I'll just leave this here and run away...

*runs*
                          I raise.

Comment

I give up with Turn 2. I will gladly continue running Turn 1 and 3+ but can't put myself through the misery that is Turn 2 any more with the jobs I have.

If that is not feasible, then I will have to drop from the group completely but I really can't stand doing that particular run.

Comment

Its a pain turn 2 has to be repeated every week. Not sure really what is best at this point, continue as we have been or maybe put it on hold and try and get some more ilvl90 gear then try again, though I guess that wouldn't help much on turn 2.

Next update is later this month so there should be something good to do as well as coil soon.

Comment

The issues with Turn 2 are not related to gear, I'll go into them more in game or on Mumble.

Comment

Working...
                                X