GamesTM retro feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beakbeak
    Retro games for me are 1990-1996. that was the golden era.
    Retro for me dates back to 1983 though. It takes all sorts.

Comment

Why stick a massive picture of a game that hardly anyone will understand or relate too?
      Maybe some of us old timers like that. I personally think retro starts where your gaming did, for my like Stu it was 1983 with a ZX81.

Comment

hey retro is relative isn't it? besides judging by your preferred era (1990-1996), you sound pretty young and...oh wait you're banned. 3rd-person it is then:
        i love seeing pics of old games, as they almost always spur happy memories - even a little pic of greendog on MD brought back memories of my megadrive days
        oh and as for "a massive picture of a game that hardly anyone will understand or relate too?"

you what? oops - he what?

gamesTM's demographic are just the kind of people who will either know, or in the least appreciate, the game in question.
        gamesTM (and edge too) don't appear (correct me if i'm wrong) to be the kind of magazine that joe public would read. they're meant for gamers (read 'people who play games a bit more than the rest') and this is the sort of thing gamers would want to know about.

It's like moaning about WW1 being discussed in history books because WW2 had funkier guns...or something

as for the start of my retro, it's my amstrad cpc 464. we had a spectrum but that was before i was born. i remember typing up huge programs printed in Amstrad Action only to tear my hair out because someone stomped on the ground and caused the cpc to reset. not the nicest of situations i can tell you

i recently downloaded manic miner (shoosh! i still own the cpc and all the games - packed away mind you) and me and my big bro were playing it. damnit he's still better at it than me
        anyway, my dad came in to have a look while my little bro was playing it and after a while he came down crying "i hate that game!". reason? we could hear my dad shouting "jump! left! left! are you deaf?"

lol

Comment

what did he get banned for??

Im not complaining tho as his posts did grate on me a bit

Comment

I hate the way that games tm always has massive double page spreads of some old 16bit game. What a waste of time. It's just over the top. It looks ok but it's such an anal thing to do. Why stick a massive picture of a game that hardly anyone will understand or relate too?
            Ironically, this is one of my favourite things about the mag. It breaks up the mag really well.

Comment

Strider have you covered the Neo Geo Pocket Color in the Retro section yet ? If so can you let me know which issue.

Ta

Comment

yeah they did. can't remember the issue... i feel silly typing this now, so i'll just stop. oops i pressed reply!

Comment

can some kind hearted person let me know which issue, ta.

Comment

issue 16 - just checked

Comment

thanks - is not 10 words so waffle waffle waffle.

Comment

ten words? this post works!

Comment

Working...
                        X