No announcement yet.

Arcade Machine Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats up with photobucket? they had a server reboot yesterday so maybe that was it? it's working fine now, but i haven't found any other free pictures sites.

if it's still not working for you, and if you want, just pm me and i'll let you use my account instead - will save hassle and you can decide if you like it or not. plus we get to see your lovely cab so everyone's a winner!

Comment

got photobucket working will post pics tonight

my arcade vga card
      j pac and shuttle pc came this morning as well so the fully specced up mame machine will be there!

Comment

wicked! i was planning on building a mame machine by chucking mini atx pc stuff into an xbox

i got a shuttle psu which is tiny, too. i'm having second thoughts though about building one, so i think i'll upgrade the specs a bit (would have been a via c3 800 whichi is fine for cps1/2 stuff) and use it as a regular pc too.

i don't mind tinkering with the dos mame to get 15khz output from my gfx card

Comment

Did you find the pots to adjust the monitor?

Comment

i did remove the pots from one that worked like you said but unfortunately i was still unable to adjust the screen width.
            I had a friend of mine who is a tv repair guy take a look and he can solder a new pot on for me no trouble at all.

If that fixes the prob great but it's so minor i hardly notice it now

Comment

How difficult is it to get the real thing with a PC and all the trickery. I've got myself a few JAMMA boards. Is it possible to get absolutely perfect versions running on an arcade cab via mame?

Comment

the PC trickery part is unbelivably easy to do

one pc
                one arcade VGA card
                one jpac
                one cab

jamma loom plugs into the jpac
                jpac plugs into the pc via vga and usb (or ps2 if you get that)
                mame32
                turn off hardware stretch
                switch resolutions and colour depth to fit
                rotation at either normal horizontal or clockwise for vert games depending on whether you can rotate your monitor or not (i can)

stick controls and 3 buttons are wired to the jamma loom
                extra buttons (456 both players) wired directly to the JPAC (no soldering)
                the pics i will post later will explain it better.

as for arcade perfect dont have any jamma boards to test out with people seem to think that Advancemame is better but thats really quite tricky and each individual game has to be configured separately.

if i can do it with a bit of reading anyone can

still cannot find the dip switches for my coin board so it does accept coins but doesn't register and it used to...

Mars ME126 coin acceptor if anyone knows (saurian MD??)

Comment

The switches are bonus coins, pulse length and coin inhibit switches. Although there are more then one make of credit board, so it's hard to say exactly what the switches do. What make is the credit board rather then the make of the mech?

Comment

will check when i get home

Comment

pics are up!

also MD on the coin pcb i can only see

dm kent electronics

and a bif chip in the middle that has a sticker on it labelled

DM1 00 DT if that helps

Comment

Here is the data sheet for the credit board.

Best to set it to

SW1 SW2 SW3 SW4 SW5 SW6 SW7 SW8
                        OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF ON OFF OFF

Long Credit Pulse
                        No Bonus Coins
                        20p a credit.

Comment

MD you are a GOD

thank you so much

heh

saving for some boards now with a few games of something!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X