Wanted; Lists of Retro Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted; Lists of Retro Games

I'm looking for a list of all (or nearly all) ZX81, Spectrum, Amiga, SNES & N64 games please, searched on google and not found anything any good tbh, if anyone can provide any links it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Try looking on Emulator sites and look at Rom lists - they should be pretty conclusive.

AndyB

Comment

ZX81? You'll be lucky, remember that a lot of games were sold mail order by tiny companies operating out of back bedrooms and some of the games sold were in the tens or hundreds, so listing everything is going to be very hard... :/

I remember selling a tape to someone who turned out to be the said programmer of the game who lost his copies years ago, turned out he only sold under 50 copies of the game. ^_^; (It was a World War 2 wargame, can't remember the title). He made a grand total of ?30 quid from his game.

Spectrum - World of Spectrum has more or less every UK released game listed in the database. Although there is no list as such.

Amiga - Again difficult due the US and UK markets having different games. Not found a half decent list yet.

SNES - SFC list I have (although it's not fully translated yet...), SNES is about but it tends to bundle everything together so it could be hard to find out if a game ever got a PAL release.

N64 - Dunno, don't care either...

ROM sites are fairly useless as they don't have every game, and they are generally a mismash of information, i.e no publisher, release date, sometimes not even a note saying whether the version is PAL, etc, etc...

Anyway you should ask for lists for decent machines like the Megadrive.

Comment

thanks for replies guys, PM'd you both.

Comment

Go here for Amiga stuff caps-project
          Not exactly what your looking for but might prove useful.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with using GameFaqs like everyone else?

Ok...its probably only good for N64 but its a start. Other than that try Spong.

Comment

will try gamefaqs, good idea, thanks

oh and thanks Gizmo.
              Last edited by VR46; 15-07-2004, 13:39.

Comment

Cause GameFaqs is faqing useless when it comes to finding games and finding out which country they came from then realising it's not listed, etc, etc...

Comment

SNES/SFC/N64 - http://www.digitpress.com has online database plus a book coming out shortly.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Good list if your only looking for US released stuff (ie UK releases are patchy at best) and even then I take it with a pinch of salt.

Hate rarity guides as they make plebs think things are worth something.. :\

Comment

Then you must hate eBay then

Biggest "rarity and value" guide being used by "plebs" today
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

you don't want to buy any C64/Amstrad/ZX Speccy games do you? I have a few boxes of stuff in the loft that need to go!

Comment

Muddy, only just seen your post, I'm only interested in Speccy and have over 240 more games waiting to be played courtesy of fleabay. Thanks anyway.

Found a great site that lists thousands of retro games (it's a ROM list)

[link removed]

for anyone who's interested
                          Last edited by MartyG; 23-08-2004, 13:34.

Comment

ok, lets narrow it down, any Speccy ones you're specifically after?

Comment

no, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X