Famicom - I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famicom - I need help

I recently bought a famicom, I have no games for it as yet but tried to see if the tv would recieve a signal anyway.
    I've bought a step down converter so the voltage would be right but nothing happened, i switched it on, searched for about an hour but absolutely no signal.
    I have a new tv (panasonic quintrix) so i imagine that this tv would recieve a signal. However there was no indication it was on as there is no power light.

1) could it be broken?
    2) Is the power supply correct?
    3) Is it the TV?

Please could anyone help me cause im new to this?
    thanks

Id wait till you get a game to plug in as you wont find the signal unless theres something playing (i think).

Comment

Original Japanese Famicom?

Are you sure your TV can er pick up NTSC RF? A lot of them er don't.

If you switch it on without a cartridge you'll still get a black screen.

Get it modded to Composite video as you'll need it...

Comment

first of all, is the voltage the same from where you bought it and where you're using it? second, a pal system will work with a ntsc tv, but picture will be black and white without sound. third, the channel depends on what country the famicom was made for, it should say on the box, ex: (hong kong version).... channel 34. fourth, it's best to have at least one cartidge to work with, otherwise you'll be looking for a channel with black or gray screen. here's a webpage that tells you whether a place is ntsc or pal, http://www.110220volts.com/FAG/WhatisNTSC.htm

Comment

Working...
        X