Retro - Getting Big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro - Getting Big?

I was in cash converter the other day, and I saw a poster that had a picture of sonic on it with the message ?We are looking for Mega Drive Games?. I didn?t think to much of it at the time, but I was recently talking to my friend who works in Game, and he said that Game want to start selling retro games.

Lets hope that don?t bloody write all over them.

Is ?Retro? really getting that big?

hmmmmmmm.........

this can only be a good thing as classic which are hard to find might pop up at bargain prices. there bound to be some gimp holdingonto a game he has no clue about in terms of value.

But i dont think it will take off that much as the general public tends to want new and exciting things not old stuff they used to have. One for the collectors me thinks.

Comment

If game starts selling retro then independent game shops will suffer. I get all my new games off the internet so I only really buy retro stuff on the high street.

Comment

Suppose that 'retro' magazine (is it still going?) and things like the retro section on GamesTM are increasing awareness. Retailers cant really lose with retro anyway. It probably wont cost much to stock up on retro games anyway, the major expense would be storage.

Comment

Game did this for a bit, didn't they?

Stocked Jag consoles and games, some Lynx and Gamegear stuff.

Dropped it pretty quick, as I remember. Their prices weren't too appealing either.

Comment

My local Game always accepted Retro stuff and I've picked up a fair few things from them, but they seemed to have phased them out in the last few weeks which is annoying

I'm assuming each store has it's own policy

Comment

Yep: my local won't touch it...

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                Dropped it pretty quick, as I remember. Their prices weren't too appealing either.
                The prices were good when they started clearing stock. Picked up a bunch of Jag and Lynx games for ?2 - ?4 each.

It was a weird deal - they bought stock from Telegames who normally charge a fortune.

This time I reckon they're after people in their early to mid 20s and some decent games (rather than stale Atari warehouse stock), so hopefully it will be MD onwards.

Comment

My local game did some retro stuff for a bit, but it was complete tosh. Last Battle or Global Gladiators anyone?!!

Comment

Well they can hardly choose what people sell to them, usually it is just rubbish but you do find the odd gem

Such as Terranigma or Tombi! bought for ?4.97 each

Comment

Working...
                    X