The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duddyroar
    The stickers had all sorts of strange monsters on, stuff Gary Harrod had come up with at the time. They weren't related to any game, but looked cool as hell!

If you could take some decent photos of the items you have that would be great Jay
    I always thought they were related to Ultraman on the SFC from that issue.

Comment

One of them was based on Ultraman but the others were just random creations.

Comment

Did Rich Leadbetter have a sidejob as a Rick Astley impersonator?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
          Champion!

Christ, you're so lucky man. Working in the same building as a living legend...

That is wicked

Oz managed to spill something down his T-shirt and had changed so no pix

Comment

Oz managed to spill something down his T-shirt and had changed so no pix
            ARGH! Nooooooooo........

Comment

Duddy, have you noticed your website got a mention on legendary import site Insert Credit this week? Not bad I'd say.

Permalink here

Comment

Yes mate - the guy who posted it let me know via the MM forum.

It's done the trick - I got 205 hits yesterday - the previous 'best' was 66!

Comment

Oi, sort that flash out and change it from as seen in gamesTm to Retro Gamer

Comment

Funny you should say that, I've already done a new 'flash' that states that the site has been seen in both GamesTM and Retro Gamer!

The next upload will be a biggie, should be getting all the review scans online from the first 24 issues!

Comment

That's awesome - can't wait for that!

I'm really looking forward to reading some classic Yob put-downs. Your site has been teasing for a while now :-) My humour may have matured, but in my early teens I found him highly amusing.

Just reading what you say on the site about there being no Mean Yob - I *think* I remember in the 1st (possibly 2nd too) issues of MM, they didn't have a graphic of Yob and just used one of Jaz looking mean. Not very interesting I know, but I was a big MM + CVG fan at the time and was a little dissapointed - like when i found out about santa.

Top site.

Comment

Just reading what you say on the site about there being no Mean Yob - I *think* I remember in the 1st (possibly 2nd too) issues of MM, they didn't have a graphic of Yob and just used one of Jaz looking mean. Not very interesting I know, but I was a big MM + CVG fan at the time and was a little dissapointed - like when i found out about santa.

You're quite correct - the first issue didn't have a Mean Yob graphic in place and they just used a Jazza image.

The Mean Yob section is about to get some content - I'm going to cover Yob's history (from CVG onwards) and try and get some scans of decent letters on there too.

Comment

Found this little guy today! A tiny Julian Rignall! For some reason I coloured him in with felt pens when I got him back in the day but I might try and clean him up.

Sorry about the **** phone pic but my girlfriend has nicked my camera batteries for her radio!
                          Last edited by pentarou; 13-01-2006, 18:24.

Comment

That's excellent! I lost my little Jaz figure - but someone kindly gave me theirs and he sits on my desk at work.

ANYWAY...

Big things are happening with the site. BIG things.

However assistance is required at this point - if you have ANY of the first 24 issues of the magazine and have time to spare, get in touch - don't worry, it's not scanning or anything - just some basic data entry.

Your name will appear in lights on the site (well, not quite in lights).

PM me for more information.

Comment

When is the Do Me A Favour Sega MP3 coming ? I really want to hear that cack again

Yakumo

Comment

It's coming with the next update...which is going to be MASSIVE! Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                                X