No announcement yet.

The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erm ignore that! the MD version had no speech i recall!!!

Comment

sort of on topic

Found a video yesterday streetfighter 2 guide has julian rignall

Dont know if it came with a mean machines or offical nintendo mag

Comment

I still have that video - it came with NMS. It was Julian and Gary Harrod going through a few SF2 tactics. Quite interesting stuff, actually. Harrod is a bit of a SF2 whizz, from what I can gather!

Comment

Greetings there! I'm new to this forum, and I'm an avid Sega fan at heart I liked the MM archive quite alot.. But my question is there a Sega Magazine/Saturn Magazine equivalent somewhere there on the web? All I can find are the usual Sonic, Ecco and Shining Force scans.. Nothing else for the Official Sega Magazine! Please answer my cry for help at the Wanted items section. I'm desparately looking for a few issues which I can't find anywhere on the planet, literally speaking!

Long live retro gaming!

Comment

As far as I am aware, there are no sites for the magazines you mention. There's an excellent site devoted to Zzap!64 (C64 mag) but not much else really.

Official Sega Saturn magazines appear in the trading forum every now and then, maybe someone will answer your call?

Comment

Just looking through Wikipedia
              And would I be right in assuming that Garry Harrod of Mean Machines was a Videator or is it just a co-incidence?

Comment

It does seem that way, though I don't remember the show. I assume Dave Perry added that wiki entry given the link at the bottom!

Still the Mean Machines Archive is linked to from Gary's wiki entry. Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  I still have that video - it came with NMS.
                  Same here- caused quite an argument in school on whether you pronounced Ryu RIGH-YU or RE-YOO. We all called him RIGH-YU cos that's logically how an Englishman would pronounce it, not knowing any Japanses at the age of 11.

Comment

Yep still have the video somewhere in the cupboard... came with issue #2 or similar didn't it?
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Gary Harrod wasn't on Gamesworld, I'm pretty sure...

Comment

i thought radion automatic was on sky 1 gamesworld many years ago

Comment

Check out the new media section:

http://www.meanmachinesmag.co.uk/media.php

Comment

Hey, nice work Duddyroar ! And finally the Sega Rap. Oh my God, how bad that was back then and how bad it is right now

Yakumo

Comment

Problems again on NTL Duddy, cant get anywhere near it for some reason.

Regards
                              Simon

Comment

I had to change my internet settings to view the site RR, I can't remember where the settings were that I found though, can you help Darren?

Comment

Working...
                                X