No announcement yet.

The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Duddyroar, If you are interviewing Jaz Rignall would you mind asking who Wayne Minton is,
    I used to read Mean Machines and in each issue there would be a disclaimer barring this guy from entering any of their competitions because he was smelly or something,
    used to be quite funny, and I would love to know who this guy was, to be so targetted by the Mean Machines guys.
    Wasn't it 'Dwayne'? Anyway, I was always under the impression that he was a made-up guy, although I could be wrong.

I've already interviewed Jaz so I might send him that as an additional question!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
      Wasn't it 'Dwayne'? Anyway, I was always under the impression that he was a made-up guy, although I could be wrong.

I've already interviewed Jaz so I might send him that as an additional question!
      You might be right about him being called Dwayne rather than Wayne, was a highlight of the magazine for me...very clever humour

Comment

After months of doing bugger all on the update, I'm pleased to confirm that most of the site is now finished. Finally got all the reviews ported over to the new design last night, as well as all the interviews. All that's left now is to transfer a few features and iron out some of the errors and it should be good to go.

Needless to say I'll be posting on here when the new site is finally online.

Comment

Looking forward to it

Yakumo

Comment

I was trying to keep this quiet as the site isn't 100% complete yet, but people over at the Rllmuk and GamesAnimal forums have spotted it, along with some board members here...so what the hey.

The new design is now online, along with the Julian Rignall interview.

As I said, the site isn't 100% finished, there are broken links all over the place and some sections aren't finished, but it's mostly done. If anyone spots anything out of place, let me know.

Enjoy.

On a side note, GamesAnimal also have an interview with Rignall (spooky they both arrived at pretty much the same time). Worth checking out.

Comment

Neat really enjoyed that Rignall interview, what a hero.

I name one of our last batch of gold fish Radion Automatic

It was more a stab at the detergent, it had black patches, works both ways eh

Comment

Can't believe Rignall rates DMC2 - everyone knows that sucks, right?

Quality site just got even better though - well done, Satan boy!

Comment

Can't believe Rignall rates DMC2 - everyone knows that sucks, right?
                  I don't think DMC3 was out when he completed those answers, his reply probably would have been different if it had been.

Comment

That was a great Rignall interview The hero of many British youth Thanks.

Yakumo

Comment

Fantastic website mate, it brought back some great memories from my youth. Thanks

Jaz Rignall is spot on about the demise of CVG...

Comment

I need some assistance from you guys - if anyone has any of the free gifts given with Mean Machines, apart from the Mastermix tape and Jazza figure - could you please send me a photo? That includes the review books they did, too.

I want to add a section to each issue that details the free gift.

Cheers in advance!

Comment

Ive got the Contra Sprits jigsaw here i could snapper, it actually still sealed.

Comment

Duddy,

Give me an email mate telling me what you have and want and I'll dig my colection out :-)

Regards
                            Simon

Comment

Still none the wiser to who 'Dwayne Minton' was

Comment

I might have the T-shirt transfer of Streetfighter 2 unsued somewhere. I think the challenge would be to get a shot of the glow in the dark stickers from one of the early issues. Was the Mega CD Tin MM or MMS?

Comment

Working...
                                X