Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect a Jap N64 and S.famicom jr. to PAL TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect a Jap N64 and S.famicom jr. to PAL TV?

Hello I'm thinking of buying a jap N64 and a s. famicom jr. but I've heard that they don't support RGB. So the question is how do I connect them to a PAL TV and get a full colour signal?

The thing is that I know that in order to get full colour I need to use a true scart cable (ie. not just the three AV cables connected to the TV through a scart bridge) but since the consoles do not support RGB then they do not support scart cables either right?
    Also my TV can support NTSC 3.58 (I'm actually using my 100% jap megadrive with it) although the particular scart socket that supports this mode also supports RGB. Does this mean that it can only accept RGB type of NTSC signals?

So basically what kind of cables will I need (no s-video socket available on tv) and can equivalent PAL cables work on them or will I need japanese ones?

Sorry but I'm really confused with RGB and scart sockets!!! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Nope neither support RGB out of the box. The best bet is to get them converted to RGB see this thread for info CLICK

You can use a Nintendo RGB Scart cable and it will just send a composite signal. Which will work if the TV supports 3.58.

But.. if you are using a RGB cable for the Megadrive then it wont be using the NTSC standard, it will be using the PAL60 standard.

But if it does work then either use a SCart cable thats wired for composite aswell as RGB (most are) or use the composite cables (Red,white,yellow cables) and plug them into a scart converter (maplins etc sell these for a couple of quid)

Comment

RE: RE: How to connect a Jap N64 and S.famicom jr. to PAL TV?

Thanks a lot for answering!

>Nope neither support RGB out of the box. The best bet is to get them >converted to RGB see this thread for info CLICK
      >You can use a Nintendo RGB Scart cable and it will just send a composite >signal. Which will work if the TV supports 3.58.
      I have an official Gamecube scart cable which works with my PAL SNES (and even with my PAL N64 amazingly enough) so you think that it will work? Also do you mean that this is the type of cable I should use after converting the consoles or should I use it if I don't want them converted?

>But.. if you are using a RGB cable for the Megadrive then it wont be using >the NTSC standard, it will be using the PAL60 standard.
      Well the cable I'm using is supposed to be RGB http://www.videogameimports.com/get_hw.php?product=510
      but I do know for sure that my TV supports 3.58 so I can't really say which mode it is using when I plug in my megadrive...

>But if it does work then either use a SCart cable thats wired for composite >aswell as RGB (most are) or use the composite cables (Red,white,yellow >cables) and plug them into a scart converter (maplins etc sell these for a >couple of quid)
      Ok!

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X