Treamcast: opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treamcast: opinions

Anyone here own a Treamcast? I'm thinking of getting one as space around my TV set has become increasingly cramped but there are a few games (mostly shooters) I want to play on the DC.

Can anyone provide feedback on the machine in terms of functionality, build quality, reliability etc...?

I was on the verge of picking one up myself until someone mentioned in a thread on here not too long ago that it doesn't output in RGB, and when you consider the quality of the Dreamcast's RGB, it's a bit of a drawback.
    Last edited by Concept; 26-09-2004, 11:04.

Comment

Well I'm never going to hook it up to a TV anyway. Do you know the quality of the monitor display? Is it composite or VGA? Any colour-bleed issues?

Comment

Thats what Concept means, it has a AV Out so it will do RGB to a TV, but the display is only composite.

Comment

Oh right. Can anyone describe the quality of the image? I know the difference between composite and RGB but there are bound to be differences bewtween a tv composite image and a monitor composite image.

Comment

**** screen
            Too big to be portable
            Noisey PSU with a fan in it

Apart from that they're fine

Comment

Hmm, its not looking good is it? Guess I'll save my pennies, don't really need another console until the DS comes along.

Comment

I heard that the screen on them is pretty cack. far too blury for shooters I've been told.

Yakumo

Comment

I wouldn't honestly recommend buying one unless you've seen it in the flesh tbh.

Comment

Bumptastic.

Divineo have released a new Treamcast (Black SE model) on sale now, with improved TFT screen.

(pic at bottom of page)

Comment

hahahaha, looks like all they've done is painted the original Treamcast and added a better monitor. The powerpack is massive as well. Mine looks like the old Mega Drive ones but with next to no weight. Here's my wide screen Treamcast.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                        Bumptastic.

Divineo have released a new Treamcast (Black SE model) on sale now, with improved TFT screen.

(pic at bottom of page)

Nice. If DVD-Boxoffice never send my Wii I might just get one of these. I could have it on my desk at work for lunch breaks.

Comment

Working...
                        X