Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn related query.

Hi ,
    I am big fan of shooters and seeing as i can't afford a Jamma i getting a saturn
    I never got to play the SS in it's heyday so i am pretty noob to it , and there are quite alot of things to learn about it, though My question should be pretty simple. I love functionality , and want a Sat that can do everything without needs for pack's (replay's or ST's), so Q = can i have a region switch on a saturn , is it possible?
    Ideally i would want a Pal Saturn with 50/60 switch , region switch & Mod chip. (if u know of anywhere feel free to tell meh 8))
    But it's seems as if i am gonna have to attempt to switch myself ,so i ask u , if it is possible, do u know any tutorial sites or help site on installing them , i would be very grateful. O yes, a worry of mine was if u can actually have 2 switches, does it interfere? or is it cool to kit out ya box to tha maxX
    srry for the n00bism, l8rz

Sat mod chips are only for back-ups, so no-no.

CEX always have 2nd-hand modded Sats in stock for around ?40-50. Phone 'em.

Comment

Well you need 2 switches, one for region and one for frequency 50/60Hz.
      As said above the modchips are for backups only.

Installation of said switches is if I remember quite straight forward. There are numerous sites on the web with tutorials just type "Sega Saturn switch mod" into google...

I'm thinking about doing mine at the moment.

Comment

Get it done if you can. It makes using the Saturn as it should be, so utterly easy and effortless.

I wish all consoles could have a region/hertz switch placed onto them to allow for easy PAL/NTSC/TV output access.

Comment

Have a look at this thread...

Saurian does Saturn modding according to the list and as he's the master of all thing's modding then you will get a top job done.

Yoda on www.rllmuk.com does them as well if I remember correctly.

When I bought my Saturn from http://www.videogameimports.com/ they got someone to do the switch mods for me as well.

Comment

Its such a simple mod though. The good thing about going with Saur though is that you will definately get an absolutley top notch job. He's renowned for his neat installations.

Comment

Yup. Did my Saturn switches, and it's been plain sailing ever since.

Comment

Personally I simply use an Action Replay 4-in-1 in my modded saturn, it will convert al the regions and add the extra RAM needed for playing Capcom and SNK fighters. The only problem with it is if you want to use the official memory card, because switching cartridges all the time is not recommended, it will wear out the cartridge slot in no time.

Comment

Using a RAM cart doesn't run NTSC games in 60hz though. You'll still need a display-setting switch. Also, there are a couple of NTSC game that won't run with a cart in the slot (Panzer Dragoon Azel, not sure about others).

Comment

I've got the 4in1 and got fed up of 50hz (and "whipping it out" for KoF '95) so bought a modded Sat for pennies 2nd-hand.

It's soooooo much better, believe me. Kept the 4in1 and still use as a RAM expansion. It sux for back-up tho (seems to crash all the time).

Comment

I meant I use a 4-in-1 in a modded US saturn. No 50hz, no region troubles. For Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel you have to put in a code in the AR to get it to run, I forgot what it is, but I have it in the AR so if anyone needs it I can go look it up.

My point was more about using the 4-in-1 instead of installing a region switch.

Comment

What!?!?!? You can use an AR code to run PDS with a cart in?!?!

T__T I've just shelled out for a new Saturn, because my modding process went a little bit wrong and I managed to set my SS to be permanently US region. This was annoying as it's worth more than the system it should be running on. Could you possibly PM me the code? I may still have some use for it.

K.

Comment

I will post it here in case anyone else needs it:

Master Code

F6000914 C305
                          B6002800 0000

Cheat Code

06002EB0 0009

My AR seems messed now, it freezes everytime I try to put saves on it or save new codes to it. Fortunatly all the other features still work, but yeah, it's a cheap piece of crap .

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                            Sat mod chips are only for back-ups, so no-no.

CEX always have 2nd-hand modded Sats in stock for around ?40-50. Phone 'em.
                            lol they're ?100 boxed m8. just sold them one for ?50

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
                              lol they're ?100 boxed m8. just sold them one for ?50

Woof. When did this happen? Bought one instore for ?40 not so long ago...

Comment

Working...
                              X