Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat Tempest 2000 remake - Tsunami 2010

Just came across this: http://www.ainc.de/Games.htm
    It's basically a trippy version of Tempest 2000, with some totally wacked out stages and some neat Amiga-esque mod music. Plus some neat powerups such as the ability to jump and some totally weird smart bombs. I'd never really played the original before this, and I realise what a great game it is. Not sure if the original was like this, but this version really messes with your head after playing for a while, just so much going on onscreen.

It's known about:

whats interesting is that Jeff Minter himself would not give the project his blessing, although I'm not clear as to why.

Comment

Who owns the rights to Tempest, anyhoo? Presuming that they weren't passed on to Minter on Atari's death, it might be that he wanted to avoid giving his approval to this remake so as not to sour any future relationship with the current rights holders.

Comment

I doubt he'd care much about that. He could have given them his blessing without conferring any kind of official Tempest sequel status to the project.

Infrogrames currently own the rights, after buying Hasbro Interactive.

Comment

Heh, didn't know there was already a thread dedicated to this game. Just, it was only just reviewed on some freeware site I tend to visit every now and then and it looked decent. Still worth a try though.

Comment

Thanks Rock, I was meaning to get this game, but I forgot all about it.

Comment

Working...
            X