Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky & Wild

Anyone remember this game?

I recall playing it at Blackpool or somewhere, and thinking it was the best game ever. All these years I thought it was a Taito game (as it takes the Chase HQ concept a step further with shooting and driving) but I recently discovered, to my shock, that it is in fact an Namco title.

There's so much to like about this game, the cool little animations in the rear-view mirror, the not-quite right 3D scaling effects, the fact that one of you could drive and one could shoot...I wish I could find a working cab now, cos I'd love to play this game again the way Namco intended. This is simply one title you cannot fully experience via emulation.

I always thought ist was a taito game too. Just goes to show that what you always remember isn't what it seems to be.

Yakumo

Comment

I played this a couple of months ago in the arcade on Sandown pier (Isle of Wight)! It was superb! But it made my arm ache from the gun. 10p a credit as well gents. I didn't play through all 10 credits though.

Comment

Yay, had the good fortune of playing this earlier this year and its still got it. The gun steering wheel combo is a great interface and every level throws up a little surprise which is great.

Also the scenes in-between levels are pure class.

Comment

My arcade stil have the same unit it did since release, at the time me & my buds thought it was the best thing ever, still pretty cool.

I thought Taito's Super Chase HQ was gonna be similar when it came out on Snes, shame it smelt some.

Comment

I love this game so much. I've seen a few machines about; there's one on Bournemouth pier, and somewhere in Wales has a machine (I can't remember the place, let alone the name of it)... I'm sure there's somewhere else I have in mind too, but can't think of it for the life of me.

The thought of a remake of this on modern hardware makes me all excited - I seriously can't believe no-one's considered giving it a bash.

Comment

Last time i played this was at Megabowl in streatham.

They don't make games like they used too

Comment

Working...
              X