• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridge Racer and F-zero on one show ! awesome

Comment

Great news! Really looking forward to that Shooting Special #2

Comment

Watching #29 at the mo. Damn, need to fully play Resi 4 now.

Comment

Yep, Resident Evil 4 is the BEST game I've played in years ! So good that I played it through twice right after completing it. I haven't done that with such a game in 10 years.

Yakumo

Comment

Finally got No. 30 after the trouble I was having and it was worth the wait.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Yeah, this months Retro Core has been the fastest downloading version so far! 210 downloads in a matter of 24 hours ! I bet it's the arcade feature that did it.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Retro Core Vol.30 takes a look at the defences between a real gamers arcade and a family arcade in Japan.

Wow, I didn't know that competition between businesses was so tight! It's serious out there, eh?

More seriously (well, I'll try!), the content of #30 looks like another success after what was a brilliant line-up in #29. That's good news [for me] about the scores, too. They don't matter - though perhaps for a 'certain' type of viewer, you could put 'em in small print within each episode? I know, right at the end! Keep 'em watchin', like! Then at other times, you could move the scores between episodes! It'll be the 'McGuffin', and they'll just have to come back to find out.

P.S. I'll let you get away with "defiantly"!

P.P.S. Thank you for all of your work on these. I've always enjoyed them.

Comment

Man, my spelling is getting worse as time goes on. See it's not all good living in Japan. Surrounded by piss poor English speakers most of the time really does take it's toll :P

Hey, the Dreamcast Shooting Special 2 (Out this month) features a WORLD EXCLUSIVE (to date anyway) ! The PC version can be seen of this game but never has the DC version been made public.

Yakumo

Comment

Watched the special today when I got my parcel from you. Great episode mate, there's a few games I wouldn't mind finding now... I most of all want to play the shooter of Segagaga. The Mega Drive part looked immense when it was building up!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Yep, Resident Evil 4 is the BEST game I've played in years ! So good that I played it through twice right after completing it. I haven't done that with such a game in 10 years.

Yakumo
                      Just to add to that, I was actually getting bored and tired of gaming... until RE4 came along. It dragged me back kicking and screaming and reminded me why I love gaming in the first place - up till 3am at night absorbed in another place.

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
                        Watched the special today when I got my parcel from you. Great episode mate, there's a few games I wouldn't mind finding now... I most of all want to play the shooter of Segagaga. The Mega Drive part looked immense when it was building up!
                        When I first saw R720 I was amazed by the Sega console boses. Great stuff!.

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                        Just to add to that, I was actually getting bored and tired of gaming... until RE4 came along. It dragged me back kicking and screaming and reminded me why I love gaming in the first place - up till 3am at night absorbed in another place.
                        Yep, Bio Hazard 4 really is a game that EVERYONE should try. Fantastic game in all areas.

Yakumo

Comment

When does the Dreamcast special go up Yakumo ?

Comment

The DVD was made last night and checked this morning (Different than the free version) so now I'm encoding the XViD download version. The download version is missing the bonus cover scans to all Dreamcast shooters but does feature karasu unlike the free DVD version that I gave away with Karasu Special Edition from my site. Hmm, expect it to be ready in 24 hours.

Yakumo

Comment

Awesome, i think my Karous parcel has just arrived at work Will it be possible to just put the Karous review up for download seperately or will it be included in a future RetroCore as well? I've been looking forward to the Dreamcast Shooting Special 2 just as much as playing the new game.

Comment

It will be included in Retro Core 31 along with the Trigger Heart review. The download version of the Dreamcast Shooting Special 2 is uploading now but the conversion went tits up on the frame rate. That will teach me to cut corners. Anyway, most stuff looks ok but every now and then some games look a bit jerky due to the frame rate being off on the conversion. It's mostly noticeable on stuff moving diagonally. The DVD version (Free & normal) don't have this problem.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X