I went / live in Japan and bought some cheap games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics Yakumo.

Hopefully i should be going out to Japan soon to do some DJing.
    I've heard that PC Engine games go for more there than do over here in the UK, is that true?
    Also what are the Prices of Super Famicom Games like?
    [spam removed]
    Last edited by MartyG; 31-12-2004, 10:11.

Comment

Hmm, PC Engine games can be expensive in Japan but you'll always be able to sell them for more to western gamers simpley because it's harder for them to get. Super famicom stuff can be had quite cheaply but it really depends on what condition and game you want. Most stuff goes for about 1000 to 2500 yen if full boxed in mint condition.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by 2FreshRecords
        [spam removed]
        wtf!

Comment

2FreshRecords, i dont think anyone wants the board full of your advertisements, it breaks the thread up and might be a pain for those still on 56k

Comment

I found them to be quite enlightening actually

Comment

Sweet photos and posts, Yakumo. I am off to Osaka in January (hopefully, hopefully), so will no doubt end up buying some gems out there. Theres a couple of games I'd love to get hold of. I really want SUPER Street Fighter II, and Final Fighter for my SFC, and a couple of PlayStation and Dreamcast games too. Yummy.

I was wondering, do these game shops sell posters and books etc too? I'd like to get the GT4 THE BIBLE book, and hopefully some games posters when I am out there. Presumably these are easy to get hold of?

Thanks!
              DC-A.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                I was wondering, do these game shops sell posters and books etc too? I'd like to get the GT4 THE BIBLE book, and hopefully some games posters when I am out there. Presumably these are easy to get hold of?

Thanks!
                DC-A.
                Yes, they sell books (well some do) but you can actually find game books in any decent sized book store in Japan. As for the posters you'll find that many shops have them in a box or something just there for taking. I've never actually seen a shop that sells game posters though. Since you're going to Osaka (the dirty hole :P) you should check out Nihonbashi. It's pretty much like Akihabara in Tokyo. A few Japanese friends of mine have been there and say it's pretty good.

Yakumo

Comment

Cheers Yakumo

Comment

been buying PSP stuff more than anything. it's 2005 here in Japan, so greetings from the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Olympichero
                      I found them to be quite enlightening actually

Comment

A few new games today.

Saturn - Super Real Mahjong P.V (rated 18. Anime women get their kit off and show all)
                        Saturn - Saturn Bomberman
                        Mega CD - Dungeon Master II (Factory Sealed !!)

Yakumo
                        Last edited by Yakumo; 02-01-2005, 06:18.

Comment

LOL hope your missus dosnt see that hentai game or you gonna be in trouble

Comment

I almost bought 2 other X rated Saturn games last week but at 2000 yen each I decided not to. The copy of Super Real Mahjong P.V was only 500 yen

Yakumo

Comment

Amateur (regarding your hentai games buying, one game and not buying other cheap mahjong games, are you mad????). :P
                              Last edited by MD; 02-01-2005, 21:11.

Comment

Can you give us a date when you'll stop your moaning? Give it a rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X