No announcement yet.

The PC-Engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just sold my core grafx + super cdrom2 yesterday. considering i bought the two for a fiver as a bare unit, i think i did well. i hadda get an adaptor from argos for ?7.99 and a pad for ?22 (6 button avenue) but got ?75 so not complaining. had 3 games too - sf2 ce, skweek and puyo puyo cd.

while it was gorgeous to look at, i never played it and bought it intending to sell anyway, and as the avenue pad is really naff, even the mighty sf2 ce couldn't hold my attention much

still, it's gorgeous machine, the cdrom2 is tiny, and i would've rgb modded it had i not been required to do an rgb booster too

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
      I've been using MagicEngine, in addition to the GP32 emulator. I dunno about CD stuff, I haven't any CD games but ME seems to run everything perfectly. Costs ?10 to register, so I didn't mind paying.

I thought MD Devil Crash was alright too, it IS good but playing the PC Engine is something else. There's more detail to everything, more colours and animation. Music is much, much better too. I bet a certain somebody just likes the nudge button

How does Splatterhouse compare to the arcade game? And has anybody else played Heavy Unit? What do you think? It's a personal fave from teh arcades, the PC Engine version is pretty damn nice.
      I thought the control and sound effets were better in the MD version. But DC on the GT does look something .

Heavy Unit I loved that game, but I only have and played the MD version. Great sound track to boot as well

Comment

There's an MD version?!?

****, I did have a quick look around but I guess I missed it. I need that game.

Comment

Yes it's by Toho and it's a great convertion of the arcade game, better then the PC Engine version too. It also has a misprinted cover so the spine doesn't look right...

If you meant Devil Crash then it was released by Technosoft.
          Last edited by MD; 17-12-2004, 13:26.

Comment

****in' sweet. Somebody sell it to me. I'll give you a fiver

edit:

I thought the control and sound effets were better in the MD version.
            Explain how the control is better on the MD, it's a Pinball game. Unless you mean the pad itself
            Last edited by Commander Marklar; 17-12-2004, 13:23.

Comment

You'll give me a fiver if someone sells it to you, thats very genorous of you.

Comment

Heh.... yea, I meant Heavy Unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                  ****in' sweet. Somebody sell it to me. I'll give you a fiver

edit:

Explain how the control is better on the MD, it's a Pinball game. Unless you mean the pad itself
                  Yeah I was om about the PAD. Sorry.

Comment

Got me a Core Grafx off eBay. Sweet,

Comment

Heh. After all the discussion in this thread, I was thinking of bidding on this myself, but saw your bid in there already. Congratulations: I hope you have fun with it.

Comment

Rabio Lepus, there's another I have fond memories of

Comment

I'm still winning another too, one of videogamecabbage's auctions. It has a memory backup thing with it and a couple more games. Seems like good value for money. Sods law I win that one too, I'll sell it on if I do.

Comment

I've just helped you out dude!!

Comment

Tales of the monster path is a classic aswell, 3 good games there, and a good price.

Comment

Got myself a Duo the other day (the original white duo) - will that play every type of game? i've lost count of the number of add-ons they released

so far only got Bomberman '93 for it, trying to find some roms so i can see what other games i may like (and what was available) but to no avail so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X