Must have 2D PS1 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have 2D PS1 games

Alright all, I'm contemplating purchasing a modded ps2 around feb time if i can complete all my current titles, anyways since i never owned a playstation i was wondering if i missed any AAA titles on it that were 2d. I'm only asking for 2D due to the fact that i can't stand 32-bit 3D gaming it looks dire and the entire time i'd be looking at the game thinking wtf is this square thing meant to be. /RANT OVER, anyways back to the topic so if theres any 2D shooters, RPGS, Adventures, platformers or anything else that is a little that are 2D please tell me

Some of the 2D games in my PSOne collection, a few are expensive though - Harmful Park and X-Com aren't cheap to pick up. I'd recommend all of them

Harmful Park (JPN)
    Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings (US)
    Capcom Generations Vol2 (JPN)
    ?70s Robot Anime GEPPY-X (JPN)
    Gradius Gaiden (JPN)
    In the Hunt (JPN/US)
    Kitchen Panic (JPN)
    Gunners Heaven (JPN)
    Mr Driller G (JPN)
    The Adventure of Little Ralph (JPN)
    Umiharakawase Syun (JPN)
    X-COM (US/UK)
    Both Castlevania/Dracula games
    .. ..

Comment

OK I few of my faves (mind you some where in the PS1 hey day...'98 ish...and all PAL)

R-Types - Both R-Type 1 & 2 on disc. Love this version of RT1

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - I Ebay'd this in my big console clear out, and it's difficult to get now, but the best Castlevania I played (and completed)

Capcom Generations - Nice four disc pack for the UK market, which had Ghouls & Ghosts, 1942 amongst others. Again rare but some well emulated games.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown - Intelligent defend earth UFO/Strategy game. Also on PC etc mind but I really enjoyed this although it?s better with a mouse.

Point Blank - (assume this counts) Spent loads of multi-player hours on this with a couple of G-Cons.

Bomberman - again possibly done better elsewhere but in multi-player its brilliant.

Comment

Valkyrie Profile [RPG]
        Nice and fun combat system.
        Plus the Pokemon (amongst others) voice actors.
        GET!

Dodonpachi [Shmup]
        For those who haven't played the ahem MAME version
        plus the leetage stamp and so on.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/ Dracula X [Adventure/ RPG]

Comment

Silhouette Mirage, even if it's inferior to the Sat iteration it's dirt cheap.

Metal Slug X. Obviously.

Comment

No love for Einhander? Squaresoft doing a shooter? Actually rather good!
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Advanced Variable Geo
              Real Bout Special Dominated Mind
              Asuka 120% Burning Fest. Final
              Gear Fighter Dendoh

Prolly not absolute ball buster must haves, but all damn good.

Comment

You must get
                Oddworld : Abe's Oddysee
                Oddworld : Abe's Exoddus
                Klonoa....and Vib Ribbon to keep the funk.

Comment

If you're including Einhander then I'd say R-Type Delta should be included too.

Comment

Einhander and R-Type Delta both have 3D graphics Delta is a great game though.

Comment

For that matter... since Vib Ribbon is vector and has 3d camera swishes around character etc it's not 2D either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        No love for Einhander? Squaresoft doing a shooter? Actually rather good!
                        Rather good is such an understatement! One of my favourite PS titles ever!

I can't think of anything to add besides Super Puzzle Fighter and the Street Fighter Alphas.

Comment

Raiden DX & Zanac X Zanac are both fun, if you're into that sorta thing.

Comment

Alundra, Breath of Fire IV, Legend of Mana, Tales of Destiny II, Valkyrie Profile, Gunners Heaven, Silhouette Mirage, Metal Slug X, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Strider 2, Pocket Fighter, Airgrave, Geki Oh Shienryu, Geppy X, R-Type Alpha, Time Bokan, Fuun Goku Ninden, Panzer Bandit. They all look very appealing not sure on the quality of all the titles also where are screens for Harmful Park i can't find any?

Comment

Best I can find -

(edit) couple more small screenshots on this page -

Last edited by mezzanine; 05-01-2005, 18:24.

Comment

Working...
                              X