Hi,

A fof is trying to track down a Super Famicom game. Here's the description:

I've scoured that GameFAQs list a couple times before

but none of the titles bound out at me. It's not

Battle Cars (nor Battle Racers) either. The view of

the track each game is a panned-out full view the

entire race so you can see every car racing. Very

basic/crap looking. No scenery at all. Just a very

elementary track which if custom built you could made vertically zig-zaggy if you wanted to.

Anybody know of a top-down racer on the SFC in which the whole track is visible and it has a construction kit? Certainly doesn't ring any bells with me. Sounds more like Super Sprint on an 8-bit machine

Cheers.

Jay

Super Off Road??

Comment

It sounds like Super Off Road, which inturn is like RC Pro AM on the NES.

Comment

Super Off road didn't have a construction kit though...

Comment

Rock & Roll Racing, could it be. I'm not sure.

Comment

There was a game before rock'n'roll racing that was basically the same but had a contruction kit, the never fails me though???

It was a first gen game, I think EA made it, though it could of been some other American company such as Accolade.

Comment

I'm thinking racing destruction set but don't think that ever got a snes conversion...
              Last edited by gozaimas; 14-01-2005, 08:05.

Comment

Rock n' Roll Racing didn't have a construction kit, and the whole track wasn't visible. Besides, it's not really "basic/crappy looking". It's also one of the most brilliant top-down racer ever made (hey, it's a Silicon & Synapse -- a.k.a. Blizzard -- game!).

I was thinking of Super Off Road as well, but it has scenery and no construction kit. In fact, I can't even think of a single SNES racer with a construction kit...

Comment

It would help if we knew if it was in Japanese or not. If it's a Japanese only game then it's possible that almost none of us have seen it. I was thinking Battle Moblie which was a Japanese only release but then remembered that it's more of a overhead racer with no construction kit.

Yakumo

Comment

It's not Mini Yon Ku Race N Go is it?

Comment

I had a SuperNintendo American game that was like Rock'n'Roll Racing. It had a construction kit, and I did make levels for me and my mates to race around.

It came out in 92, and was an American made game, I think it was an update of the EA Racing Destruction game, but for some reason I can't remember its name.

Someone needs to find a list of all Snes racers ever made!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat
                        It's also one of the most brilliant top-down racer ever made
                        Indeed, tis ****ing aces .

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll show her your replies so far and try to get some more info out of her.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                          X