Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Engine City Hunter turned up last night thanks to GaijinPunch
    Now one less PC Engine title to hunt down...

cheers mate

Comment

I was on the way home when I had some strange urge to pop in to Hard Off. Let's say it was a good urge

Finally got a copy of Nissan Over Drivin' with the keyring for only 200 yen plus Tetris Plus, Pastel Muses and Big Pachislot.

Yakumo

Comment

£10 the lot from crime convertors

shadow heart and seek and destroy £5 the pair and pro evo 4 £4 all 3 crime convertors again

Ecco and adams family £1 each charity shop

Donkey kong country 2, mario kart 64, mischief makers and RANDOM IMPORT SFC GAME £11 the lot from gamestation

If anyone knows what the SFC game is let me know as I don't have a clue

################################################## ###

Oh and last weeks buys:

The 4 Point and clicks were 20p each

Comment

How much did the cat cost you?

Oh and the import game looks like a Super Deformed Gundam release, it's by Banpresto and they released little else for the SuperFami...could be wrong though.

Comment

Yet another obscure (to me anyway) Playstation puzzle game arrived today called Swing. Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Just got a few things - MD Turtles Tournament Fighters for ?1.49 (Scope), then in Crime Converters got Rescue Shot (Namco kiddies G-con game) and Bust-A-Groove for ?1.50 each. On a non- retro tip, also got PS2 SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos and Parappa The Rapper 2 in there a few days ago for ?4 each. SVC is soooooo poorly balanced.

Second hand shops and boot sales ruuuule.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                How much did the cat cost you?

Oh and the import game looks like a Super Deformed Gundam release, it's by Banpresto and they released little else for the SuperFami...could be wrong though.
                It's called SD: The Great Battle but that's all I know so far. I guess the SD stands for super deformed then?

Comment

Ok I've just spotted this forum and it appears I'm developing a new cash burning habit so I thought I'd say hello.

Not to long ago I was out drinking (like you do) and discussing the merits of the old ZX Spectrum 48k. Now after about 8 pints and one rather firey kebab I got home to Maison du Tsing and promptly bought 3 spectrums (yes I meant to buy 1, yes I was drunk). This it seems may have been the beginning of a new problem for me...

Following my first drunken sojourn on e-bay it wasn't long before I returned with a clouded mind and a credit card. This time the object of my desire was MB Games Dark Tower (Not technically a video game but retro game none the less with a big electric tower), however to date I've not yet acquired one as more than ?50 for something I may never use scares me.

Anyways after a rather unsuccessful bout trying to pick up one of these beauties I remember my 3 s spectrums and promptly bought a copy of the Lords of Midnght and Doomdarks revenge. Again these 2 have been gathering dust for some time now not owning a tape player that will load them...

So after this I hid my card and thought that would be that until I realised I'd never played Shenmue. One e-bay frenzy later and I owned a fully loaded dreamcast and shenmue 1 and 2. Once again these seem to be gathering dust.

So just last week I thought one last try and I now own an N64 and shadows of the empire. This one will leave the box this weekend and hopefully this will be my return to the world of retro ^^

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay
                    It's called SD: The Great Battle but that's all I know so far. I guess the SD stands for super deformed then?
                    Released by Banpresto in 1991, it's an overhead shooter that is pitifully poor. God knows how it managed to fill up a 6 meg cart.

Although... I must admit to quite liking it!!!!

Comment

Been a quiet week so far for goodies in the post. Can't be arsed taking pictures, but I won issues 4, 5 and 6 of Sega Saturn Magazine for ?4.50 posted! Sweet. And Zombie Revenge (NTSC-J) for DC for a quid.

And I know it's not really retro, but Skies of Arcadia Legends for Gamecube, finally!

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay
                        The 4 Point and clicks were 20p each
                        good haul overall but this is what i like. Absolutely bargainsome and excellent games!

Comment

just won this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I wanted a switched machine, so I'll probably sell the games

Comment

Had a decent day at the boot sale today...

PAL Mega Drive
                            1 Official and 2 Unofficial pads
                            Arcade Power Stick
                            Menacer Gun and Receiver
                            Urban Strike
                            Jungle Strike
                            Super Monaco GP
                            LHX Attack Helicopter
                            Combat Cars
                            All games were boxed and with instructions, decent condition. Paid ?12 the lot.

Also, going slightly non-retro...got a Black PAL Cube + Controller for ?15, plus complete Half Life and Timesplitters PS2 games for ?1.50 each.

Sexy.
                            Last edited by thebuddahman; 29-05-2005, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                              just won this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I wanted a switched machine, so I'll probably sell the games
                              I'll have one of those mem carts if you sell mate.

Comment

So after this I hid my card and thought that would be that until I realised I'd never played Shenmue. One e-bay frenzy later and I owned a fully loaded dreamcast and shenmue 1 and 2. Once again these seem to be gathering dust.
                                You REALLY are missing out here... I played these games for the first time this year and they stole DAYS from my life, you need to get on to them asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X