Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    Legendary.

Comment

Noob questions, I have seen you guys mentioning these Commodore monitors a few times now, whats the deal with them? why are they so great and sought after? Are they better than a 4:3 CRT with 60hz and RGB input?

Comment

Commodore monitors, as they were designed to work with the Amiga, can do vertical refresh rates MUCH lower than a monitor will normally go. Makes them good CRT replacements.

Comment

I think there's not much in it really. But the scanlines are more natural than a Trinitron I believe. Those pictures do no justice, it just looks mad good.

Comment

THE SEX.

And that accepts SCART, right? Did you need the sync splitter in the end?

Comment

Nope!

That's directly from my Saturn via SCART.

There's a mono and a stereo version of this monitor. Luckily I got the stereo version.

I let my mate download 3so using my JP PSN account so he gave me ?10 for that and then I just had to pay ?15 for the actual monitor as the tenner covered postage. Pretty happy, just tried Gunbird and it looks silly nice.

Comment

Today, I received Wild Guns! Just to mention that cartridge is new and never used at snes console!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I think there's not much in it really. But the scanlines are more natural than a Trinitron I believe. Those pictures do no justice, it just looks mad good.
                  Theres one on ebay starting bid ?9.99, 3 days to go and local pick up only...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commodore-Amiga-model-1081-/170703101422?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item27 beb29dee#ht_500wt_1413

Comment

Are these quite cheap then? Very tempted. My 1084 has a special adapter to run MD games on it, but I've noticed that it's started shorting out the fuse box in my house. Think it might be on the way out

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Nope!

That's directly from my Saturn via SCART.

There's a mono and a stereo version of this monitor. Luckily I got the stereo version.

I let my mate download 3so using my JP PSN account so he gave me ?10 for that and then I just had to pay ?15 for the actual monitor as the tenner covered postage. Pretty happy, just tried Gunbird and it looks silly nice.

Comment

Originally posted by geo2004z View Post
                      Today, I received Wild Guns! Just to mention that cartridge is new and never used at snes console!
                      Shame about the price sticker, but at least the box wasn't designed by a five year old and printed on a ****ty nineties inkjet.

Comment

Originally posted by pattybean View Post
                        Certainly worth a shot for a tenner imo. That's in nicer condition than mine too. My power button is stuck in the on position and the drop down thing is broken off, but I'd want it off anyway for quick adjustment.

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
                        Are these quite cheap then? Very tempted. My 1084 has a special adapter to run MD games on it, but I've noticed that it's started shorting out the fuse box in my house. Think it might be on the way out
                        Depends really. The guy I bought this from listed a 1084 right after I bought this and it was in nicer condition. I've read a few people having 1084 with direct SCART, but officially I think the 1081 is the only Commodore monitor with direct SCART as standard.

Here's the guy I bought it from: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/airey36/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

He has a few more monitors up atm.

This one being the best: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phillips-Cm83332-Amiga-rgb-monitor-Very-Good-Cond-Tested-RGB-Audio-LEADs-/310348439074?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item48 42355e22#ht_1160wt_1163

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microvitec...ht_1144wt_1163
                        Last edited by speedlolita; 29-09-2011, 14:05.

Comment

posted by speedoltia
                          I've read a few people having 1084 with direct SCART
                          Used a 1084 with my miggy 500 back in the day -6/8 pin din type input at the back (miggy) + 2 x phone
                          for C64. (chroma/luminance?) methinks Commodore decided to alter the inputs for exclusivity with its computers.

However these were (i believe) manufactured by Philips and so internally they are the same (?) as the cm8833.
                          If you remove the casing of the 1084 you can see the space for the scart to be fitted (same as Philips) - so I had one fitted, worked a treat for import consoles PCE/MD etc.

Comment

Yeah, I imagine you would be able to. Same with the regular 1084.

I was initially after a CM8833 but I think there's like a premium on them now. Good to know that these Commodore monitors are the same internally.

Comment

Boo, my post disappeared.

Was going to say - internals vary greatly, my 1084s and 1084s-d1 are completely different, but the older models were just Phillips CM monitors with a different case.

Also, there are three different connectors on them depending on model/age, scart, din plug, or d-sub.

Comment

Working...
                              X