Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's settled it Kim, you'll have to get a Wii as well now!

Comment

Landstalker's not that rare, though it sometimes gets spendy (£15-£25). There's 3 or 4 PAL copies on eBay at the moment.

Comment

I'd never even heard of it! If it's really on the VC though that's what I'll be using that service for when I eventually get a wii, games I never played or even heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
          If you mean as any as rare as the rarest Jap titles, then the answer is no, there aren't.
          If you count MCD games, then there are. One of those is Darkseed.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            Huh??
            Last edited by anagrama; 04-10-2007, 11:09.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there are no PAL Mega CD games that are as rare as the rarest Japanese Megadrive games - if we are talking about commercially released games - although I'm happy to be proved wrong, if there's any good evidence. I've never heard of a PAL release of Darkseed. Got anything to show us?

Comment

There is no PAL Darkseed.

Comment

I would say there are a fair few mega cd games you could wait a good few months to turn up.Even games like power rangers,smurfs,surgical strike & starblade can be pretty hard to get hold of.
                  Talking of Landstalker,what an absolute classic game that was.One of my all time favourites.

Comment

Well I know that Darkseed at least exists on a pre-production gold CD. Mega Power reviewed it but alas, I no longer have the magazine. I think they rated it quite highly - ~90% IIRC.

Comment

PAL Starblade is rare? How much does it command?
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I was lucky with my entire collection of PAL MEGA CD games as I got all the rare ones, except Fatal Fury Special for cheap. Starblade is one of those ones that you need to bide your time with. I wouldn't pay more than ?40 for it. Ideally less than ?20.

Gary

Comment

Starblade doesn't show up often, it's true, but I wouldn't rate it as being especially rare. I think it's just one that people overlook a lot of the time. The times I've seen it come up, it seems to go somewhere in the ?15-?25 region (unless it's complete with spine card or something).

Certainly wouldn't put it in the same league of scarcity as Smurfs, Syndicate, Marko, Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown. And Adventures of Batman and Robin seems to inhabit a world of its own in the rarity stakes.

Anyway Gary, even if you did shell out a bit for FFS, you probably didn't pay as much as this guy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                            And Adventures of Batman and Robin seems to inhabit a world of its own
                            Damn straight.

Comment

I've Been doing my Sega Megadrive research.

The 1st games i ever came across we're at a car boot sale:

Streets of rage 3, Punisher, x-men 2, sonic 3, Sparkster and Fifa 98.

They we're 50p each... So they can't be that rare.

If anyone wants to sell any of these titles, i will be happy to pay a raised price of ?1 each. As the rarity must have gone up.

I found a hard game to get hold of was

ATP Tour

Plus the blue cover version of

WCS2 (world championship soccer 2)

Which i picked up for 20p in charity shop.

As for megaCD,
                              I found a Rare game and bought it for 99p and sold it for ?92.. can't be bad.

Comment

OMGZ! *goes and buys up loads of a certain game for £3*
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X