X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter 3

I'll be damned - look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...173336530&rd=1

The guy is clearly a complete tool. How could someone actually believe that this is a genuine cart? This is almost as bad as the confused seller who the other week considered Rival Turf to be the Holy Grail of SNES gaming.

I like to think that whoever fed him the line about the Ninty seal of approval (tm) was winding him up.

I am betting that this is a near-unplayable hacked version full of glitches and similar to the f***ed up version of SF:CE that they used to have in a greasy spoon near where I lived back in the day.

Some people, eh?

He does say later on that it's just a cracked version of SF2...

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabay Fool
      I HAVE JUST BEEN TO MY LOCAL GAME STATION STORE. THEY ASSURED ME THAT THIS IS A REAL CART AS IT HAS THE NINTENDO SEAL OF APPROVAL ON THE BACK OF THE CART. SO THIS ISNT A BOOT LEG COPY AS I HAD FIRST THOUGHT IT COULD HAVE BEEN. THEY SAID IT IS A RARE JAPAN VERSION OF THE GAME
      LOL!

What an idiot.

Comment

This has to go down into the history books as one of the best gaming ebay sales ever, I dunno how the seller can go to sleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
          This has to go down into the history books as one of the best gaming ebay sales ever, I dunno how the seller can go to sleep at night
          He actually believes it is a genuine JAP R@RE game. Any idiot can see different but he's allready got bids of over ?50 so what does he care. I'd buy it if I saw it, for about ?2, but no more.

Comment

So its a dodgy pirate/hack..who cares??

There are loads about and some are pretty decent (I'm thinking more md here tbh though)

Comment

It says lower down...

I HAD A CHAT WITH A SNES GAME SELLER ON EBAY THE OTHER DAY. THIS IS WHAT HE THOUGHT BUT WAS NOT SURE AS HE HAD NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE:

It will most likely be a cracked version of SF2 which allows you to do things
              which are impossible in the real thing - like throw multiple fireballs at the
              same time - whilst jumping!!

There used to be arcade machines that had that cracked version of the game -
              don't know if you're old enough to remember them."

Just by him saying "cracked" it must imply he acknowledges it's a bootleg: if not then he really is thick (as he pretty much indicates in the rest of the text).

Comment

Lower down than that, in the little Q&A section, he's taken to task by another seller for attempting to pass it off as an official cart, and again admits that it's a bootleg. Only, you've got to log in and go to another page to read that.

And yet he's still left up the bull**** NEW NEWS UPDATE. What a twat. That said, if you're that big of an idiot that you don't read all the available information before you put a bid in, you probably deserve everything you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  LOL!

What an idiot.
                  Thing is... IF a games shop actually told him that, then we should all fear for the future of gaming retail :/

Comment

Originally posted by hankwangford
                    Thing is... IF a games shop actually told him that, then we should all fear for the future of gaming retail :/
                    I used to work at Gamestation - the guys at my shop were sound, although everyone else in the company doesn't seem to have the slightest ****ing clue about anything games related, let alone retro.

Comment

Working...
                    X