Your Most Valued Retro Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Most Valued Retro Game

Post your most valued retro games here, be it for sheer worth or personal worth.

The game I'm most proud to own is my Jap Shining Force 2, the coverart and manual are excellent, even if not worth that much.

As for rare (ish) and valued games, or games I got a bargain on...

Shining Force 3 scenarios 1,2 and 3 plus the premium disk all sealed.
    Night Trap CD that I got for a fiver off the market.
    Shining Force CD that I got for half what it's worth on Ebay.
    Shining Force 3 PAL (worth a bit)
    Phantasy Star IV (mint)

Yeah, no Jap Justice Leagues or anything but I'm working on it.

My copy of Ultima IV on the master system. Mint with map and story books.

Brian Lara cricket 96. The only retro game that I still own from when I was into gaming as a kid. I found it in parents attick last year.

I like my Heroes of might and magic stuff aswell. Especially the compendium and the platinum collection I found at a car boot a few weeks back for ?5.

I have lots more valuable stuff (se suikoden II, alien soldier...) but those above are my real prize possesion games.

Comment

Of no monetary value whatso-ever, but I do treasure my Hong Kong copy of Super Mario 64.

Comment

Of no value except personal

my gunstar heroes demo cart
        my japanese gunstar heroes full release
        my md mario 1 smb pirate
        my Bare Knuckle 2 OST signed by the man himself

Comment

Neuro Dancer on 3D0 (amongst other naff 3D0 pr0n titles).

I love naff 3D0 pr0n.

Comment

Love my Point Blank 2 boxset with the gun, which is a brilliant game, worth a couple of quid, and I only paid a fiver for.

Games I couldn't do without and hence are valued in that respect include Yoshi's Island, Devil Crash, Super Mario Kart and Mega Bomberman.

My favourite things are games that I purchased on release that are now worth more than I paid for them - stuff like Um Jammer Lammy, Everybody's Golf II, PS1 Capcom Generations, SNES Bomberman series etc.

Most of my stuff is cart only - but have some pretty sought after games - Chrono Trigger, Mana, SFA2 on SNES, Castlevania on MD, Boxed Pang on SNES.

Don't really have any massively valuable stuff really - just games I love to play.

Comment

It's not worth much money but I do love my Japanese copies of Super Aleste, F-Zero and Yoshi's Island for the Super Famicom... but most of all I love my Jpn copy of Prince of Persia for the SFC. The boxart and the whole game are just so great!

Comment

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood on the PC Engine, Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn, Princess Crown on the Saturn, my entire Megadrive collection...

Comment

The limited edition version of Valkyrie Profile for the PS1 is probably the one I value the most.

Comment

Secret of Mana - Because it was the first proper rpg I ever played, and I love it to bits. It was also the first game to draw my attention to in-game music (the soundtrack is one of only three I own), and that Mana tree artwork on the back of the map deserves to be in a gallery.

Assault Suits Valken - I set out to buy Super Star Wars but saw this instead, new in that day, running in the shop. Not often you stumble upon such a gem without ever hearing of it beforehand. It also has my fave ever box art.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - In the midst of the current console superpowers this game blew me away for so many reasons. A true one off. And another game I just had to buy the soundtrack for.

I'm either playing these now or planning to revisit them in the future. It'd take a pretty good reason for me to ever part with any.

Comment

F-Zero - N64, It's one of the few Jap games I own and I've unlocked everything in the game too, thus one of my treasured games.

Next would be Pal Mischief Makers, Jap Sin & Punishment, Pal Goldeneye (unlocked everything) US Starfox, US Einhander (all weapons, nearly all the artwork, need to complete on the hardest difficulty to get the final ship) Yeah, also somebody mentioned Capcom Generations, forgot I got the Jap G&G one, disc 2?

I'd say I value the games I put most effort into unlocking things, rather than the actual worth.

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
                        Pal Goldeneye (unlocked everything)
                        OT...but how do you do the facility in under 2min 5secs (If I recall correctly) on oo level...got everything else cept thisft:

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                          my Bare Knuckle 2 OST signed by the man himself
                          8)

Where can I get a copy of that as I've been considering recording the music in game but the quality would be awful. It's my favorite soundtrack ever and I'd love to have a proper CD copy.

Comment

It's like rocking horse **** mate.

Comment

My most valued games would have to be Secret of Mana, because it was the first RPG I played, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden 1&2, Symphony of the night, SO: The Second Story and Ico.
                              All wonderful games and all increasingly hard to get at a reasonable price.

*God I'm such an RPG nerd*

Comment

Working...
                              X