Sega Retro Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Retro Help

MY Ebay 32X arrived this morning, unfortunately supplied without the AV lead.

The seller assumed I had a MD2, where the leads are interchangable but I have only an MD1.

Anyhoo I've set it all up and am waiting for an AV lead for a megadrive 2 but I don't have those yellow and white sockets on the TV in my room.

I'm assuming the saturn AV lead cant be used as I have tried it and I get the same blue screen.

From what I've said, is it simply a case of getting an original MD2 lead, with the standard tv connector, not the yellow and white wires, or could the system be faulty?

As far as I can recall the saturn lead should work fine...the 32x has the same av input hole as the saturn (I think) and anyway the 32x doesn't come with the red/yellow/white composite anyway, just crappy rf....so the saturn lead should work (I'm assuming you're using a pal saturn?)

Perhaps the 32x is buggered (as if it didn't come with AV lead how could the seller say it was working...only whether it powered up could be verified)..or esle I am mistaken (which is most likely tbh). I'll defo check it out tonight though.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
      As far as I can recall the saturn lead should work fine...the 32x has the same av input hole as the saturn (I think) and anyway the 32x doesn't come with the red/yellow/white composite anyway, just crappy rf....so the saturn lead should work (I'm assuming you're using a pal saturn?)

Perhaps the 32x is buggered (as if it didn't come with AV lead how could the seller say it was working...only whether it powered up could be verified)..or esle I am mistaken (which is most likely tbh). I'll defo check it out tonight though.
      Well it was one of those 'couldn't test but everything looks as it should' acouctions and he has lots of feedback.

Also, my sega nomad didn't work with the saturn lead either.

Comment

When yopu say your nomad didn't work..what exactly do you mean...black and white piccie or none at all? It is a US console so you would need an NTSC compatible tv for it to work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
          When yopu say your nomad didn't work..what exactly do you mean...black and white piccie or none at all? It is a US console so you would need an NTSC compatible tv for it to work properly.
          I thought that, I got no picture at all, in fact the nomad just turned on and worked as normal.

The guy got back to me he said he hasn't tested the nomad, but I should try a MD2 lead (I can borrow off a friend) and if it doesn't work he'll refund it.

I only really bought it for MK232X anyway so as long as I can play it when it arrives I'll be happy.

Cheers for your help.

Comment

I have a spare official Sega Genesis stereo AV cable... not sure if it is the right one you are looking for.
            I bought this after I purchased a Megadrive2 second hand and I thought I could use my old master system RF lead; but it turned out the MD2 connector is completely different.

Comment

Saturn leads do not work. While they look like the same connectors, they are not, I assure you.

I have an MD2 RF lead if you could live with that...

Comment

Thanks a lot guys for the offers, how much would you want paying?

First I need to know... I'm assuming there is an RF switch for teh MD2 that will work fine, instead of the AV lead with the two wires yellow and white as I don't have an input for them on my TV, so will the official RF defiitely work?

EDIT: I just noticed Lowe that you said Genesis, I'm afraid mine is PAL and judging by the crazy AV lead I got with my Nomad, it won't fit I'm afraid. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Stop this nonsense now.

An MD2 AV lead will be fine. Just get an AV-scart adaptor and plug the thing into the back of your telly. All modern PAL consoles come with one or you can pick one up from a spares store for about a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                    Stop this nonsense now.

An MD2 AV lead will be fine. Just get an AV-scart adaptor and plug the thing into the back of your telly. All modern PAL consoles come with one or you can pick one up from a spares store for about a pound.
                    What nonsense? Your talking like I should know what the hell you're talking about! I'm not too well up on my electronics. I have no idea what AV or RF means nor what an AV-scart adapter is.

By that logic then the Saturn RF switch should work, but it doesn't.

Comment

He means one of these:

Plug the white/yellow leads from the MD2 AV lead into that, then plug it into a scart socket (if your TV has one)

Comment

Originally posted by Rankles
                        What nonsense? Your talking like I should know what the hell you're talking about! I'm not too well up on my electronics. I have no idea what AV or RF means nor what an AV-scart adapter is.

By that logic then the Saturn RF switch should work, but it doesn't.
                        What?! A Saturn RF will only work on a SATURN! Spaz.

Comment

What?! A Saturn RF will only work on a SATURN! Spaz

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                            He means one of these:

Plug the white/yellow leads from the MD2 AV lead into that, then plug it into a scart socket (if your TV has one)
                            That's perfect, thanks!

Comment

Here you go, 1 pound http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/pr...roducts_id=547

Though you should have got one with your PS2, GC or XBox...

Comment

Working...
                              X