No announcement yet.

SEGA SATURN - the discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I have a pal saturn and want to modify it to play ntsc games at 60 hz.

Any stores still do this?

Comment

I think Raven still do it...

Comment

Originally posted by nekroxide
        But raven games are evil

Comment

Raven games are alright...it's just that the their mod jobs are a bit on the dodgy side (let alone expensive)...so I've been told.

Kyo_244 - To be honest mate, you're better off getting a Jap Saturn. At most, It'll only cost you slighty more than a mod job

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244
            Hi. I have a pal saturn and want to modify it to play ntsc games at 60 hz.

Any stores still do this?
            I've used a place called MegaMix UK in the past, both my Saturn's were done by them and I've not had any problems. 50/60hz and region switch on both, plus I can still access the MPEG card and Battery slot, unlike some mods I've seen.

Raven once offered to cut up my Japanese SFC I decided it was cheaper and less painfull to get a US SNES.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
              Raven games are alright...it's just that the their mod jobs are a bit on the dodgy side (let alone expensive)...so I've been told.

Kyo_244 - To be honest mate, you're better off getting a Jap Saturn. At most, It'll only cost you slighty more than a mod job
              I want to be able to still play my pal games tho.. Like panzer dragoon saga!

Comment

You still can. Buy an action replay cart and find the code for PDS.

Comment

Well how much would it cost for a mod job and how much for a jap saturn plus an action replay cart? so i can figure out which is my best bet.

Comment

Played various games on the saturn last night.

Started with a bit of ragnagard (i quite like it)
                    Followed by christmas nights and then regular nights.Played a bit of guardian heroes one of my fav games ever.Then pocket fighters.Lastly played real bout special great fighting game it is to.

Now started looking for more saturn games already ordered usa version of panzer dragoon saga of ebay ($56 incase your wondering no instruction manuel though)

Oh saw a game for the saturn called RABBIT a 2d fighting game anyone know if its any good?
                    Last edited by eastyy; 20-02-2006, 09:29.

Comment

Back when it was new, Rabbit was ok but tese days it's a bit crap. The graphics are really messy. I have it on my site if you want to take a look.

Yakumo

Comment

Yep saw it on your site (downloaded most pages started collecting saturn stuff)

Just wanted a bit more detail about the gameplay that was all

Comment

I want a Jap Saturn, but I'm a bit confused. Are there different models?

Comment

There is a great FAQ for the saturn on www.gamefaqs.com

Comment

There are loads of different models, but the differences are only really cosmetic and all function the same.

Comment

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by nekroxide

But raven games are evil
                                Damn straight! *shudder*
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X