No announcement yet.

SEGA SATURN - the discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear the SFZ3 boxset is gaining value - I bought mine for ?30 including shipping from the US a couple of years back. It's a fantastic conversion (it must be - it's only version of SFZ3 I've kept - I must have owned the game a million times over the past few years!).

Radiant Silvergun is well worth the money, as is Battle Garegga, Souky, Kingdom Grand Prix, Layer Section, 1945 1 & 2, DonPachi and DoDonPachi (they're still worth getting even in the face of the technically better PSX versions), Gunbird, all the Capcom fighters, all the SNK fighters, etc. However my all-time favourite Saturn game is Princess Crown (which is shortly to be updated on the PSP). Amazing side scrolling action-RPG with gorgeous 2D visuals. Goes for quite a bit on ebay these days, though. I paid ?50 for my (second) copy after foolishly selling the first one I owned to CEX for next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
      theres a huge (1 hour 30mins) file of most (if not all) of the shmups for the Saturn, with a cheeky voiceover here http://www.archive.org/movies/detail...ooting-special
      , That's my video Retro Core is spreading

As for saturn games you should check out my site (http://www.segagagadomain.com ). 100's of games there for you to look through. If you're into Street Fighter then get the Street Fighter Collection because that not only has Super Street Fighter but also Street Fighter Zero II DASH !!

Yakumo

Comment

Having just obtained Magic Knight Rayearth... I was wondering, has anyone else noticed how utterly, ridiculously oversized the USA game boxes are? I mean the EUR ones were still large compared to PS games but these jewel-case monstrosities are just taking the piss!

Clearly the playstation was more of a comercial sucess than our beloved saturn because people could fit more PS games in their house! </jk>

Comment

Originally posted by Kristofski
          Having just obtained Magic Knight Rayearth... I was wondering, has anyone else noticed how utterly, ridiculously oversized the USA game boxes are? I mean the EUR ones were still large compared to PS games but these jewel-case monstrosities are just taking the piss!

Clearly the playstation was more of a comercial sucess than our beloved saturn because people could fit more PS games in their house! </jk>
          They are lewd but a full collection of them looks quite nice, even if some of the art used is more than lol worthy.

There are prolly a few UK pal ones like it, I know for sure SF: Movie comes in one.

Comment

Ahh the Sega Saturn. Reading this thread made me go and dig out my Sega Staurn collection which had been boxed for a long time. I'd forgotten about what games I had to be honest though I don't have that much but heres what i did find

Two Sega Saturns, one chip modded, one modded with 50/60hz and region select
            PAL Sega Rally - What a game!
            PAL Sonic R - That music
            PAL Athlete Kings - I love this game and the one below
            PAL Winter Heat
            PAL Nights
            PAL Christmas Nights
            PAL Fighters Megamix
            PAL Virtua Fighter 2 - I spent so much time playing years ago
            PAL Virtua Cop
            PAL Virtual On - Now where did I put my Virtua Sticks?
            PAL Panzer Dragoon
            PAL Panzer Dragoon Zwei
            PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga with box - Bought this off a woman in Waterloo Station for ?25
            PAL Shining Force 3 part 1 - Paid about ?18 two years ago, I've never played it!
            Some other random PAL games
            USA Guardian Heroes - Damn the cases are huge!
            USA Street Fighter Alpha 2
            USA Virtua Cop 2
            JAP Power Drift
            JAP El-hazard game with Sleeve and some booklet
            JAP Vampire Saviour
            JAP KOF 97 sealed
            JAP Gradius Deluxe Pack (1+2) sealed
            JAP Burning Rangers sealed
            JAP Shining Force 3 part 1 sealed
            JAP Shining Force 3 part 3 sealed
            JAP Garou Densetsu Realbout Special sealed
            JAP House of the Dead
            JAP X-Men vs Street Fighter with Ram
            JAP """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" another box
            JAP Marvel vs Street Fighter with Ram
            JAP Street Fighter Zero 3 with Ram

I have to admit that I've never played some of the titles above like SFZ3, Panzer 1+2, Power Drift, Shining Force 3 etc... I think I just liked collecting them years ago, particularly when this video shop near me used to be an importer of games too but the owner just couldn't shift his stock of Saturn and PS1 games in the end, the fact he charged ridiculous prices didn't help but there was always some poor punter who would pay at least ?100 over the price of the hardware!

Still I benefited as he said I could buy any of the Saturn titles he had left for ?10 each which is where I picked up the sealed stuff and the USA games too bar VC2.
            I think I bought my Virtua Twin Stick there too.

Suffice to say I really should go and play the games and having read this thread, I;v given them the dust down and plan to play them again After all, there was nothing like finishing Panzer Dragoon Saga about 6 years ago, I'll go through it again!

So what games should I go about looking for bar Radiant Silvergun?
            Last edited by Mr-Niceguy2001; 26-04-2005, 01:33.

Comment

Be sure to pick up a decent Virtual Stick for any fighters/shooters..love that minty fresh arcadey feel oh yeah!..With the buck being so crap managed to get my Jap for under ?20.00 inc. shipping from US!
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

well i'm the proud owner of a radiant silvergun

won it this morning on ebay for ?88

i was outbid but the seller cencelled it just with an explanation of NO!

Must be because he had zero feedback

yeah me

Now the proud owner of the following
                X-MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM
                STREET FIGHTER ZERO 2
                TAITO CHASE HQ plus SCI
                MARVEL SUPER HEROES
                RADIANT SILVERGUN
                Marvel vs street fighter +Ram
                Virtua Fighter Remix
                Sega Rally
                VAMPIRE SAVIOUR WITH 4MB RAM
                X-men vs Street Fighter + RAM
                King of Fighters Best Collection
                Groove on Fight
                Street Fighter Collection
                GALE RACER/RAD MOBILE

loads of playing time for me

Comment

GALE RACER ROXXORS!!!111

It's well ****, but in a good way...

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                    X-MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM
                    STREET FIGHTER ZERO 2
                    MARVEL SUPER HEROES
                    Marvel vs street fighter +Ram
                    Virtua Fighter Remix
                    VAMPIRE SAVIOUR WITH 4MB RAM
                    X-men vs Street Fighter + RAM
                    King of Fighters Best Collection
                    Street Fighter Collection
                    I hate you

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                      GALE RACER ROXXORS!!!111

It's well ****, but in a good way...
                      when i was working in the falklands they had a rad mobile arcade machine and it was the best game i'd ever played (at the time)

if this conversion is half as good - i will be happy

Comment

Was going for the full pal collection once (cause all the actually best exclusive games are on pal), gave up cause i couldnt bring myself to buy any Fifa's.

Got about 60 plus a random selection of 20 or something jap.

Comment

I have close on 130 games now and am going for the full PAL set... Like any other console, for every gem there's a dog poo.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                            when i was working in the falklands they had a rad mobile arcade machine and it was the best game i'd ever played (at the time)

if this conversion is half as good - i will be happy
                            It isn't It was an early Saturn game and it shows... there's all sorts of weird graphical scaling oddness going on there, particularly when you crash...

Comment

Originally posted by nitebycandlelite
                              I have close on 130 games now and am going for the full PAL set... Like any other console, for every gem there's a dog poo.
                              I have a copy of Rise of the Robots 2 you can have. Seriously. TAKE IT.

Comment

I noticed PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga in my local Gamestation today. ?84.99. Probably the most expensive thing I've ever seen in there.

Saturns were going at ?31 packed with 2 games. I'd get one as long as I could grab a copy of NiGHTS with it, but even that seems rare round these parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X