Modifying Sega Genesis 3 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying Sega Genesis 3 system?

Can anybody point me in the direction of a site that shows detailled info on mdding the, Genesis 3 'The Core system' so it can play all region games, 50-60hz?? I know that the Genesis 3 doesnt support an RGB signal either, is there a mod for this too?? Does anybody on here offer a service to do this at all?

Honestly mate, what's the point? You can pick up a switched mark 1 MD off ebay for under ?20 without too much trouble, and that will do everything you want without the need for any mods.

I got an unboxed switched MD for ?15 including postage a few years back.

Comment

Its just the novelty, its so small, just bigger than a controller, and looks cool, i have a modded MD 2 already, with double switch!, just like the look of the MD 3

Comment

Fair enough. I have to admit the smaller form factor of both the MD2 and MD3 is an attraction - the original MD is just a tad too bulky. The design is classic, though.

Comment

You might as well pick up a Megajet if you're after a uncommon MD. Much more interesting to own than the Genesis 3 and it has a excellent RGB signal.

Originally posted by Duddyroar
          Fair enough. I have to admit the smaller form factor of both the MD2 and MD3 is an attraction - the original MD is just a tad too bulky. The design is classic, though.
          It's not just a matter of design though, my MD1 sounds a lot better then the MD2 I've got but the RGB picture looks very slightly worse sometimes. Anyway, I love the styling of the original one - even the silly oversized 16 BIT logo works well.

Comment

For what's actually contained within, the original MD is a silly size. But like you say the '16-bit' logo is great - but only the Japanese 'capital letters' version! I could never understand why they did the PAL text in small case...looked a lot less impressive.

Comment

So how offeres a modding service on these forums?

Comment

Here's a link to a page showing how to mod a Genesis 3

But the Genesis 3 is an inferior console. It lacks the z80 cpu so the sound isn't right on a lot of games.

Comment

Working...
                X