No announcement yet.

Evolution of the Saturn Import market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no way near the best shooter on the saturn, especially if your not into shooters. Stupidly overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
      I still check out Saturn stuff now & again, and to me, the values seem to be getting lower, not higher. Radiant Silvergun included.

I used to buy/sell a lot of NTSC-J Saturn stuff 2 or 3 years ago, and most of the prices have plummeted since then. I'm glad I sold most of my stuff when I did as I got decent money for most of it (Sengoku Blaede ?100+)

On the other hand, I sold Dodonpachi a few weeks back, and it made ?20-odd quid. That's a game that used to net me ?40-50 back in the day, and I had it up for sale in the trading folder here for ages too with no interest whatsoever.

Bizarrely though, I got ?60+ for an average copy of Salamander Deluxe with no spine at the same time.

I can only see Sealed games increasing in value to any degree.
      Good for new gamers though

Re the sealed games..woah those are prices? Maybe in 10 years That FFR isn't even the boxset....
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, those prices are a bit crazy.

Boxset or not though, I wouldn't pay ?5 for FFRevenge. Worst Capcom game I've ever played.

Comment

It does suck but it isn't that bad. I reckon its got a good 2d fighter feel even though its 3d. Plays slow but fun nonetheless with some outrageous moves. Dunno if it the worst capcom game ever though.

Comment

no way near the best shooter on the saturn, especially if your not into shooters. Stupidly overrated
            Never understood this attitude, TBH.

RSG is an excellent shooter and although no game is really worth that kind of money it will give you a lot of gaming pleasure. It's easily one of my favourite games of all time. I think many people assume that because it has a high value it's overrated. Let's remember that it got excellent reviews when it was released (before it became the ebay darling it is today).

Comment

The slowdown has aged Radiant Silvergun quicker than a lot of Saturn games.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                Never understood this attitude, TBH.

RSG is an excellent shooter and although no game is really worth that kind of money it will give you a lot of gaming pleasure. It's easily one of my favourite games of all time. I think many people assume that because it has a high value it's overrated. Let's remember that it got excellent reviews when it was released (before it became the ebay darling it is today).
                Aye, SSM gave **** loads of coverage and praise to it when it came out.

Comment

Hell SSM raved about it before it was even announced on the Saturn, back when it was released as an ST-V game. That said, a Saturn port was always going to happen, especially being a Treasure game.

Comment

I'll be buggered if i could find a box set copy of Street Fighter Zero 3 here in Tokyo at the moment. I checked all over Akiba/ Shinjuku and Kawaguchi on Wednesday. Only found one copy and they wanted 40pounds for it.

I think to be honest the prices in Japan for Saturn games are definately on the up, especially the 2D (ram box set) ones.

Comment

I think to be honest the prices in Japan for Saturn games are definately on the up, especially the 2D (ram box set) ones
                      Stands to reason - the 'boxsets' will have been split when people got rid of the games. They'll have held onto the RAM cart to use with other games. Therefore complete boxsets are going to be harder to find.

I paid ?28 for my SFZ3 boxset a few years back...

Comment

I'd rather go for the standalone fighting games than the boxsets. Don't really like the way the game cases are missing the back cover.

Comment

Agreed. I have a copy of Vampire Savior that is missing the back cover, which really annoys me.

SFZ3 has the back cover, however.

Comment

Working...
                          X