N64 Passport Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 Passport Question

Hey there everyone, ive always loved retro games and in particular my N64. Ive played No Mercy to the death and hacked it till there wasnt much else to do. However ive recently managed to get my hands on Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 which is a japanese wrestling game.

What im wondering is what version of the N64 passport do i need to play this and if anyone knows where i can get one for about ?10? there going for like ?15 - ?20 on ebay and i just think thats a little steep.

If i can use the First version of the passport i can pick one up cheaply from america but i dont want to waste money buying one for it not to work with this game. No sites so far have told me which version it requires so im left a bit about the whole situation.

Thanks in advance

The best bet is to get the Passport III, which is the one that costs about ?10-?20. Honestly it's not worth the fuss buying a cheaper one, as you don't know for sure if it will work.

Plus the Passport III let's you play stuff like Sin and Punishment.

Comment

Cool, ive decided to get one for ?20 including postage. Hopefully its worth it, i may get sin and punishment at a later date

Any other Japanese games for the 64 i should look at?

Comment

Speaking of Sin & Punishment is it any good, as I bought it off Play-Asia yesterday with a Passport III Adaptor. I keep hearing good things about it.

Any impressions from anyone on here.

Comment

It's bloody amazing, easily my fave N64 game by a mile. You'll love it.

Comment

Sin & Punishment is as good as the hype suggests, such a great game. Although all the menus are in Japanese which makes it rather confusing even for a simplistic title.

I tried in vain to get it running with a passport. Eventually I gave in and got a Jap N64.

Comment

Originally posted by Irnbru
              What im wondering is what version of the N64 passport do i need to play this and if anyone knows where i can get one for about ?10?
              http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-5-70-2q.html As Duddyroar said, definitely get the Passport Plus 3. The earlier versions won't play half of the games. The built in 'command & conquer (USA)' code will play most, if not all, of your imports. It definitely plays virtual wrestling 1....not sure about 2 as haven't got that one yet, but plays every other import I own (including sin & punishment....awesome game!). For ease, you can copy the command & conquer code in at the top of the list, to save scrolling down every time. Just call your new code '1' to ensure that it appears at the top of the list. The only problem I've found with the plus 3 is that the odd one doesn't save the code once its programmed in. Stick with the 'magic' code, and you shouldn't have any problems. Avoid other codes you find on the net though. Most of the info is rubbish, and some of the codes will kill your passport dead....

Comment

will I have any problem running PAL/US titles on N64 JPN using this device?

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
                  Sin & Punishment is as good as the hype suggests, such a great game. Although all the menus are in Japanese which makes it rather confusing even for a simplistic title.

I tried in vain to get it running with a passport. Eventually I gave in and got a Jap N64.
                  It requires an additional code to persuade it to run properly through the Passport III.

Codes are located here: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/f...ssport_iii.txt

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/__121b_3ro...9LV+ZZpMyhYrg=

Comment

Originally posted by dj898
                    will I have any problem running PAL/US titles on N64 JPN using this device?
                    Shouldn't do....as the JPN and US consoles are essentially the same unit. The 2nd link Kogi Kaishakunin provided has a code at the bottom of the list for PAL on NTSC consoles.

Comment

cheers

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anyone had any luck getting NTSC Perfect Dark running on a PAL N64 using the passport 3?

Comment

Don't go there....this particular game is notorious for killing passports. The pal version is common & cheap enough anyway....

Comment

how about PAL PD on JPN N64?
                            I think I have my copy of PAL PD still some where in the garage...

Comment

Originally posted by markpsych
                              The 2nd link Kogi Kaishakunin provided has a code at the bottom of the list for PAL on NTSC consoles.
                              Having not actually tried PAL via my NTSC console before, I spent about an hour today trying various codes with a lots of games inc PD. No joy I'm afraid....and the recommended code in the above link is useless! Interestingly, the odd game works straight from the start menu....but not PD unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X