Sealed DC game, missing disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealed DC game, missing disc

I recently sold a sealed Dreamcast game on ebay to a guy in Germany. He paid promptly and I posted the game out to him, but today I had an email to say that when he opened it up there was a manual, but no disc in it ...

What should I do?? Obviously I can't say 100% for sure that there was a disc in there, as it was sealed - but I had about 10 or so of these, and sold all but one, and nobody else has mentioned anything like this! And the one I kept for myself, which I opened, definitely had a disc in!

Tirian

was the seal the tear strip type?, if so thats pretty weird!

is the guys feedback bad?

if the answer's yes to both, then he's probally pulling a fast one!

how much did you sell the game for? is it worth refunding to avoid bad feedback?

Comment

when you sell sealed item you must put the disclaimer that since it's sealed you cannot verify nor held responsible what's inside... ;p

Comment

I guess so, but what I am really trying to establish is whether it is actually possible that he is telling the truth. Has anyone here come across a genuinely new & sealed DC game that had no disc in it - or have you heard of anyone who has?

Tirian

Comment

I've heard of people opening up PS2 games carefully taking out the game disk, swapping it for a blank CD-R and then taking it back to the shop still looking factory sealed for a full refund.

Comment

No, trust me, this game was absolutely definitely factory sealed. And it was part of a batch of sealed games for promotional giveaways, so it was never even in a game store to begin with ...

Tirian

Comment

Yes, but that doesn't stop someone half-inching the disc in the factory, before it's sealed, does it? It's happened to me with a DVD before... very annoying.

Comment

I know someone that happened too, was a dreamcast game too.

Could be genuine, the odds of it happening are pretty slim though.

Edited - for piss poor spelling 8(

Comment

Just out of interest, what Dreamcast game was it?

Comment

He's probably just trying it on.

Comment

Working...
                    X