worst retro buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst retro buy

Everyone has one, a game which they really wish they didn't buy or are even embarressed to has such a title on their shelf. Everyone must have brought something which they believe is a complete waste of money.

There have been numerous times over the years where i have, there biggest offender for me however was last year when i spent ?70 on both football frezy and mahjong on the neogeo, what the hell was i thinking? These two games hide inside my cuboard, i don't want to stick them with the rest of my neogeo collection as they would lower its tone and are just collecting dust. I'll probably never be able to get rid of them as they stay there as a constant reminder never to be so foolish again.

Art of Fighting 3.

For some reason we all love teh R0m so I decided to buy the cart.

It'll be sold shortly so not much of a loss.

That's the best thing about retro - you can buy and sell at almost the same price.

I don't know how people can have ****e in their collections. All my games are AAA in my eyes. Even the good games don't get kept! It's only the 'ball-busting WTF I'll be playing this forever' games that get kept.
    Last edited by dataDave; 15-06-2005, 14:19.

Comment

I didn't think Football Frenzy was that bad, but then again it only cost me a tenner. It's actually alright with 2 players. I kinda like those goofy little characters.

My worst retro game in recent memory is Street Smart on the Megadrive. I just bought it because of the SNK connection. Total **** I'm afraid.

Comment

I been combing through my retro collection over the past 6-12 months and got rid of all the jap rpg's, weird crap and stuff i know i'd never really play much.
        My FF Wonderswan has just gone up on ebay, thought it was a bit of overkill with having 3 Wonderswan consoles and only 2 games to play on them .

The 3DO is looking rather precarious as i've recently got rid of the few games i have and now i just have the FZ-1 and Super Street Fighter (it's gonna be quite hard to lose the machine).

Comment

waynes world for the snes!

i bought it back in the day for ?45 on american import

even as a 12 year old waynes world obsessed kid, i though it ws the biggest pile of ****e!

Comment

I really like Football Frenzy.

Biggest mistake............part exchanging Final Soldier for.............F1 Pilot (Pack in Video)

It's ****.......not that ****.........but considering Final Soldier is earth shattering....

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
              I didn't think Football Frenzy was that bad, but then again it only cost me a tenner. It's actually alright with 2 players. I kinda like those goofy little characters.

My worst retro game in recent memory is Street Smart on the Megadrive. I just bought it because of the SNK connection. Total **** I'm afraid.
              Street Smart?????? - is that a PAL game???????? or US???????

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                Street Smart?????? - is that a PAL game???????? or US???????
                Mine's a Japanese version but there was a US version released also, featuring reliably awful Genesis boxart.

Comment

Simultaneously the best and the worst, 3DO Virtuoso.

And Plumbers Don't Wear Ties must get an honourable mention. And that weren't cheap, neither (unlike the 99p I paid for Virtuoso).

Comment

My first retro purchase ever, an md and a few games to relive the glory days, is without a shadow of a doubt my worst purchase. Why? Because it led me into getting into retro big time and blowing all my cash all the time. If I could go back to that moment I wouldn't buy that fateful md again.

Comment

'Ballz' on 3DO - it certainly was 'balls'

Atari Jag + Doom .. I felt ripped off for the 13 quid I paid.

Comment

Castlevania Symphony of the Night Ltd Edition for the PAL PS1. Bought it off eBay a few years ago for ?70. It was described as 'mint' but as usual wasn't. It was a completely pointless purchase because I already owned the US version which runs in full screen and full speed. Complete and utter waste of money.

Comment

Bust-A-Move 4 for DC. Egads, what a horrible game.

Comment

Quite a few overrated & overpriced Saturn games that were pish.

ThunderForce V
                            Final Fight Revenge
                            Kyukyoku Tiger II Plus

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                              Quite a few overrated & overpriced Saturn games that were pish.

ThunderForce V
                              Final Fight Revenge
                              Kyukyoku Tiger II Plus
                              Sacrilege!

I absolutely love Kyukyoku Tiger II, a real gritty and fun shooter, one of the best on the Saturn IMO.

Oh, and regarding Bust a Move 4 DC PAL, try it in 60 HZ and with the combo option turned firmly off and it's just as good as any of the Bust a Move games, bar the pointlessly long loading times.

Comment

Working...
                              X