Master System/Megadrive cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master System/Megadrive cables

Hey, I'm bidding on a megadrive on fleabay (console only) I'm wondering weather I can use my master system power supply and av cable with it.

Thanks for any advise you can offer

Yeah.

Comment

cheers pal thought so

Comment

Make sure it's a Mega Drive 1 if you want to use SMS cables - the MD2 has a different power connector.

Comment

Isn't the Master System PSU 9V and the Megadrive something like 1.2? I think I have used both on both of the machines though.

Comment

The megadrive adaptor is 10v AFAIK.

I'm looking for a new one myself.

Comment

A lot of the Sega power supplies are interchangable, 9v, 10v or whatever. If it fits then there's a very good chance it works.

Comment

yeah it's megadrive 1 as i thought only the first version accepted the av cable.

plus it'll look so much better with the first version of the mega cd sitting below it. The side to side version looks very poor in comparison

Comment

woh, calm down peeps. They are knowhere near as interchangeable as it seems. I've had problems with mds with the incorrect power supply. The sound fails on some of them. personally I'd make sure you use the correct supply even though some of the ms and md ones fit the same hole.

Comment

i'm getting two of 'em for the grand price of $1 so i'll take a punt and let you know.

Comment

I heard that the Megadrive has an internal voltage regulator, so you could use something even up to 15v?? The MD regulates it to 9v.

Comment

They arrived, plugged em in and work perfectly. So the news is Master System (Power Base) power supplies work on Megadrive (MD1).

Has anyone done a 60hz switch on a PAL MD1 before? I've seen guides on gamefaqs but I have hands like spades and I'm not sure if I trust myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Me
                          Has anyone done a 60hz switch on a PAL MD1 before? I've seen guides on gamefaqs but I have hands like spades and I'm not sure if I trust myself...
                          Yeah, it's a piece of cake - probably the easiest mod I've tried, bar the NES - 2 cut traces and 4 wires soldered onto nice big jumper pads.
                          Recommended to anyone who knows which end of a solderiong iron is the hot one.

Comment

I'll give it a go then. At least if I screw it up I've got another one to try with!

Comment

Working...
                            X