CGE UK --Peoples Opinions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGE UK --Peoples Opinions??

Just got back from the expo, what was everyone's thoughts who attended??
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 13-08-2005, 15:28. Reason: typo
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

I liked it but would I would say is that the venue was a little cramped and there needs to be more Arcade machines there!

I was disappointed not to see Gauntlet, Paperboy and Commando cabs as they are my faves.

Got some great ideas on building my own MAME cab though! I nearly bought a Virtua Boy but bottled it in the end.....

Comment

It was a bit too cramped I agree.

I didnt think there was going to be that many retailers there and was hoping for a few more classic machines to use.
      I only managed to play RSG on the saturn at the Gamestm stand and Metal Slug on the arcade cabinets.
      Was worth the trip though although I thought some of the software for sale was a tad pricey but I did snag a couple of bits and bobs.

Comment

Were there many bargains to be had?

How much was the Virtual Boy?

Comment

Dont quote me but I am sure I saw one there for ?70 at one of the stalls in the centre

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
            Were there many bargains to be had?

How much was the Virtual Boy?
            Yep - ?75.00 was the price but I don't think it was complete with box etc.

Comment

I did notice an abundance of Master System software for sale and most of it seemed to be in good nick.

I was very tempted to get a boxed Master System today and some of my old favourites.

Have to admit though that some of the prices for games, particulary loose SNES carts seemed a bit pricey.

Comment

There was a stall on the outside of the main hall selling lots SNES carts for ?2, even good stuff like Marioworld. The pricy people were the professional traders that thought they could get high prices on a stall like they could on Ebay.

Comment

Our claim to fame for the day was we sold a Snes muti tap to Ian Livingstone for ?10.00..! My brother had no idea who he was and still refused to budge on the price, I was just surprised to see him there. Not sure if many people recognised him ?

The only other celeb I saw was Archer Maclean wondering around, apparently Matthew Smith never made it this year.

Comment

Wow, what a fantastic day. There was loads to see and do, some interesting talks were going on and everyone was just so damned freindly.

Met loads of guys from the forum, got lots of friendly comments about the retro section and even managed to have a beer from the guys at Retro Gamer. It was a bit disappointing that the likes of Matther Smith, Jeff Minter and the boys from Ocean couldn't make it, but it was still a fantastic day out.

So here's a few pics...

Archer's immaculate cabs were used all day

Doris attempts to break her past record

I fail to get anywhere near the Space Harrier world record that was set that morning

The wonderful Walter Day of Twin Galaxies

The three champions celebrate

All in all it was a fantastic day and I'm really glad that I was able to attend and meet some many passionate gamers. Roll on next year

Comment

I had a chuckle upon seeing Dorris...lol, Thought it was oddly set out, cramped hall was great, reminded me of a videogame car boot sale! Some of the vendors lacked a bit of knowledge, I regretted asking for MVS carts!! Good fun and my girlfirend enjoyed all the free sweets!!
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Bit of a bump i know... But what ever happened to this show?

Comment

It was apparently cancelled after the organiser ran up huge debts in order to support it.

Comment

Working...
                          X