Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer/Nifty retro soundtracks/ingame music.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even thought eh FM chip in the Megadrive was inferior to the SNES, it was the muscians talents that mattered. Favourites are:

Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion
    Thunderforce II
    Super Shinobi (see track 'Sunrise Boulevard')
    Hellfire

It's a good thing that Japanese games tend to have a soundtest mode :-)

On the SNES:

All of Final Fantasy VI, never been bettered IMHO. The ending sequence with the medley of characters themes had me in tears.

Comment

Golden Axe
      Gunstar Heroes
      Streets of Rage 2
      Super Shinobi
      Guardian Heroes
      Halo
      Final Soldier
      Aria of Sorrow
      Probotector
      Double Dragon
      Prince of Persia SoT
      Zelda OoT

Comment

C64 Music is what it's all about. Grab SIDPlay and enjoy some classic SID Soundtracks

Sanxion, Commando, Rambo: First Blood Part II and the Ocean Loader are a few of my favourites.

Comment

anything that isn't red-book CD audio, chip music still rules in most cases with me. C64/Amiga/MD/Snes/PCEngine, too many to mention but also with some of the remix mp3/CDs exceptionally well done. Back in Time / RKO64 / Amiga Remix etc. Very rarely listen to recent game soundtrax, they don't stand alone outside playing the games. Stick on some Hubbard, Galway, Hulsbeck, MON, Hippel.....C=

Comment

How could I forget metal Slug? Awesome music that complements the game to perfection.

Comment

Glad streets of rage 2 was mentioned, the music in the game is superb i think.

Comment

Zone 2 Act 2 in Sonic and Knuckles.
                ...nuff said

Comment

Working...
                X