No announcement yet.

Saturn games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything added to the saturn version of groove on fight from the arcade?

Played golden axe the dual last night its not bad but as duddy said there are far better fighting games.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
      Cripes! Did nobody read my Golden Axe feature? GA: The Duel is a complete stinker, why bother wasting your time with a sub-standard 2D fighter when the Saturn has a wealth of decent ones? You can't even cite the name as a reason to buy the game, as it has very little connection with the original Golden Axe. Sure you can get it for under a tenner, but your money would be better spent elsewhere IMO.
      And of course what you reckon is more important than anything

Some of the BG's are great, few neat tunes and a fairly basic fighting system hardly makes a stinker. The main guy's got Ryu moves, what more could one need from a mid 90's fighter

Comment

Looking on play asia for any saturn games.Rubbish games cheap great games expensive.From what i can gather the really expensive games are not even that rare is it ripping people of or is there a genuine reason there so expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
          Cripes! Did nobody read my Golden Axe feature? GA: The Duel is a complete stinker, why bother wasting your time with a sub-standard 2D fighter when the Saturn has a wealth of decent ones? You can't even cite the name as a reason to buy the game, as it has very little connection with the original Golden Axe. Sure you can get it for under a tenner, but your money would be better spent elsewhere IMO.
          Thats your oppinion,just because you say it's a stinker,don't mean that it is,anyway if your like me and own 99% of all Saturn fighters,then it's not a problem to have paid ?10 for what is a fairly enjoyable fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
            And of course what you reckon is more important than anything

Some of the BG's are great, few neat tunes and a fairly basic fighting system hardly makes a stinker. The main guy's got Ryu moves, what more could one need from a mid 90's fighter
            Yep,totally agree,not half as bad as some people say,gotta give a game a chance,i would never not buy a game based on someone saying,well its a stinker,half arsed oppinion,i've been playing since 81,so you appreciate more than the f*ckin "Playstation Generation" of morons.

Anyway being able to play with Death-Adder..............

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
              Looking on play asia for any saturn games.Rubbish games cheap great games expensive.From what i can gather the really expensive games are not even that rare is it ripping people of or is there a genuine reason there so expensive?
              Well,like any import console,there are a lot harder to get games,either because they were made in ltd no's or they have the kind of status that warrents high prices,games like Radiant Silvergun and Hyperdual are hard to come by,even by Japanese gamers,anyone thinking they can get RS real cheap in Tokyo,are living on a differant planet.
              I would'nt get Saturn games off Play Asia,your better off using VideoGameImports or something,i use them a lot personally,and they have a hell of a lot of stock in !

Comment

i would never not buy a game based on someone saying,well its a stinker,half arsed oppinion,i've been playing since 81,so you appreciate more than the f*ckin "Playstation Generation" of morons
                Firstly, it would help if you tried to get some kind of grammatical structure to your posts. I'm sure that comment needs some speech marks and a few full-stops.

Secondly, if you get a kick out of playing sub-par Street Fighter II clones then more power to you. Of course anything I say is only my opinion, but personally I see GA:TD as a complete waste of time and money. The combat system is clunkly and slow, the special moves are anything but special and the whole game is a really poor attempt by Sega to jump on the 2D fighter bandwagon. The only thing the game does with any degree of success is lower the standard of the Golden Axe franchise. As a game it brings nothing new to the table and isn't even as enjoyable as Capcom or SNK's weakest Saturn offerings.

Sega could have given us an arcade perfect conversion of Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder rather than waste their limited resources on this amazingly average fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshitsune
                  Well,like any import console,there are a lot harder to get games,either because they were made in ltd no's or they have the kind of status that warrents high prices,games like Radiant Silvergun and Hyperdual are hard to come by,even by Japanese gamers,anyone thinking they can get RS real cheap in Tokyo,are living on a differant planet.
                  I would'nt get Saturn games off Play Asia,your better off using VideoGameImports or something,i use them a lot personally,and they have a hell of a lot of stock in !
                  luckily i bought radiant silvergun a few weeks after it was released if i knew how much it would be worth i would have bought many more

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshitsune
                    videogameimports?

thier stuff is overpriced to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                      Seany - what arcade was that mate?
                      They have Batsugun in a cab in the Videogame Centre, Wimborne Road. If you ask Eynon in there, I am sure he will let you have a few free credits (as he did for me) - as long as you buy something!!

Comment

Damnit, I was there the other day & didn't notice it

Cheers mate, will definitely look it out

Comment

Partially agree about GA.. but you could do worse with non capcom or SNK fighters on the saturn; something like Suiko Enbu for example. I also agree they should have released Revenge of Death Adder. Because of the feature that was posted here lately I tried it on Mame and it owned!! Easily the best in the series.

I also have the Ps2 version of GA now (on that kind of weak Sega Collection) and its not good but... I somehow don't find it horrible either.. its way too easy though. At least the music is good. Its clear that the old versions of the games would make this collection better!
                          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 30-08-2005, 18:09.

Comment

Working...
                          X