Probs downloading game apps. (retro!) to N-Gage QD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probs downloading game apps. (retro!) to N-Gage QD

Okay, I know this probably shouldn't be in this forum, but wasn't sure where else to post it? It is the Bomberman game that I'm trying to download though! I'm a complete newbie to mobiles, and thought I'd try out the QD. The majority of official games are pretty dire, so purchased one of those text file games. Already posted a help wanted thread on an n-gage forum:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=40522

I've had no joy though, so hoped someone here may have a solution for me.

Thanks.

text file games? i'm confused. Elaborate on that, and I can possibly help, I know enough about the Ngage (I have the original, don't think it's vastly different in terms of OS) to be able to, hopefully!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It's basically one of these sites that you order a game via pasting in your telephone number. They then text you the file, and you download it to your phone/mem card.

http://par.jamster.co.uk/paw/go/gdl?...8866538S184490

Comment

Aaah. I wasnt aware they actually text you the file? I was under the assumption they text you the URL for you to access with WAP/GPRS?

Either way, it will come in some kind of unpacker, probably .SIS

Try going into the Manager function, and seeing if it appears there.

If so, use the left hand side selecty button, and click install.

EDIT - Bomberman is also available as an official game. I reccomend it!

Comment

The file is in my inbox, and in theory....you simply have to select and let it download to your manager. The phone connects via GPRS, and starts to download. Unfortunately I get the 'unable to install' error message before it completes. So manager (and installation log) remain empty

Comment

Unable to install error? Aha. Found your problem.
            The website you ordered from has different sections, and as such, you need to order a game from the Ngage QD section. I've had the same message before when the Java game in question is not compatible with the N-gage.

Comment

Good theory....but bomberman was definitely from the qd section. Have since tried one more, i.e., Fantasy Warrior 2 and got the same result . The 'technician' from my local nokia service centre suggested "don't download any games"

Comment

Meh? Then i'm lost... and I thought I was the N-gage master...

Well, I evidently am. Seeing as no-one else from the entire forum has posted here

Sorry mate! But if you're going to go for legit games, may I firstly suggest play.com for cheapness, then may I suggest:

Call of Duty
                King of Fighters Maximum Impact
                Bomberman
                Super Monkey Ball
                Colin McRae '05
                And Pocket Kingdom.

Good games that lot

Comment

Originally posted by Kizzycrew
                  Meh? Then i'm lost... and I thought I was the N-gage master...

Well, I evidently am. Seeing as no-one else from the entire forum has posted here
                  You ARE the N-Gage master....We're not worthy, We're not worthy...

Thanks for trying mate, and for the suggestions. I actually picked up rayman for it and it looks great.

Take care!

Comment

Working...
                  X