Scud Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'm with you 100% , I only wish SEGA, MS, Tatio , konami ect could see that vision, and yes OutRun II 2006 is magical. I doubt many people would moan at paying 800 points for the latest Arcade ports for stuff like HOTD IV, AB Climax ect
    Publishers are talking about abandoning the traditional retail sector - and making their games "Downloadable" only.

LiveArcade has developed pretty well, so far. We've seen a port of Rez, which is excellent, and quite a few other ports that have worked well.

OmegaFive was a nice surprise. It's the sort of thing that boosts my enthusiasm for LiveArcade.

Things do need to develop further though. Maybe there are plans to keep improving the service? ... It seems that way.

If SNK Playmore, Taito, Capcom, Sega, Namco, were allowed to use the service to sell top quality arcade experiences - instead of releasing them on disc, that would attract a lot of attention, and prove popular.

Games like Outrun, Ridge Racer, Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, would prove much more attractive as LiveArcade titles at reasonable prices.

The casual gaming market just doesn't seem interested in paying top dollar for anything but GTA/FIFA/NFS/Metal Gear/Final Fantasy etc... The games that are hyped to the limits by publishers and magazines.

There has to be a solution to the whole arcade style games not selling well at retail problem.

Outrun2, Ridge Racer 6&7, Virtua Fighter5 etc... These types of games are wanted by some gamers - but that's not enough for publishers. There has to be a way to satisfy the hardcore arcade fans - and attract more casual gamers. LiveArcade looks like the answer to me.

Comment

Outrun 2 looks very true to the original and very friendly at that. Yes, in terms of atmosphere and music it shows more respect to the original than RR7 does. I still think the old one (Sega Ages saturn version) is my favourite. I just love that game.

Even when this is true I played RR7 so much more than I did play Outrun 2 on Xbox. RR7 is less arcade in terms of structure and because of that has loads of content and loads to do. Ofcourse the menu's of RR can be put off arcade gamers (which I consider myself to be) but truth is I still hink RR7's menus looks pretty slick and arcadey when compared to say a GT5P or Forza.

Days have changed, releases like Saturn Daytona and SR with only a few gamemodes and a handful of tracks are gone. They need to be more suited for the homeconsoles to keep gamers interested. Outrun 2 was smacked because of its limited content and no offline vs mode. If I agree with this, is another thing. Lets say Time Crisis 4's bare bones presentation gives me happy smile, since its rare that a series stays true to its roots nowadays. I personally think Sega botched SR 2007, It wasn't the flashy in your face SR I loved in the arcades.

I've sold my 360 for a Ps3, but if the day that Daytona 2 BoTE and possibly Power Edition get its Live Arcade release I go mad and buy a 360 again. Chances are it would also hit PSN though. To me, Daytona 2 is the best racer ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
        Outrun 2 looks very true to the original and very friendly at that. Yes, in terms of atmosphere and music it shows more respect to the original than RR7 does. I still think the old one (Sega Ages saturn version) is my favourite. I just love that game.

Even when this is true I played RR7 so much more than I did play Outrun 2 on Xbox. RR7 is less arcade in terms of structure and because of that has loads of content and loads to do. Ofcourse the menu's of RR can be put off arcade gamers (which I consider myself to be) but truth is I still hink RR7's menus looks pretty slick and arcadey when compared to say a GT5P or Forza.

Days have changed, releases like Saturn Daytona and SR with only a few gamemodes and a handful of tracks are gone. They need to be more suited for the homeconsoles to keep gamers interested. Outrun 2 was smacked because of its limited content and no offline vs mode. If I agree with this, is another thing. Lets say Time Crisis 4's bare bones presentation gives me happy smile, since its rare that a series stays true to its roots nowadays. I personally think Sega botched SR 2007, It wasn't the flashy in your face SR I loved in the arcades.

I've sold my 360 for a Ps3, but if the day that Daytona 2 BoTE and possibly Power Edition get its Live Arcade release I go mad and buy a 360 again. Chances are it would also hit PSN though. To me, Daytona 2 is the best racer ever made.
        If Outrun2 had become all gritty with bland visuals - it may have sold even more copies; especially with a Gangsta Vibe to it

All fans of the original Outrun - must have been amazed at how well Sega updated Outrun2 for the modern market. It does everything right - and takes the colourful majestic visuals - to a whole new level of wonder.

I'm glad that Sega did such a good job with Outrun2 - even if it didn't appeal to the mass-market.

If the mass-market have an appetite for games like Need For Speed Underground, that's very unfortunate. The fact that this craving for mediocre bland games, means that games like Outrun2 are seen as flops, makes me angry.

Maybe things will turn around, and Outrun3 will one day sell 5million copies? ... I'll keep hoping, wishing, and dreaming.

Comment

I agree it was a great game - Daytona USA is still the best but this turned out a joy after the disaster that was Daytona 2.

Molly get yourself a copy of PGR4, there is a lovely McLaren LM (Le Mans) which is an absolute joy to drive

Comment

Working...
          X