Shadow of the Beast Q+A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow of the Beast Q+A

I'm putting together a feature about Shadow of the Beast. If anyone has some questions they'd like to see asked then let me know and I'll be sure to include them

What other games did the programmers work on?...Think i remember a game called agony that seemed to share the shadow of the beasts style .Cracking music if i recall to and for shadow of the beast
    Last edited by eastyy; 23-09-2005, 09:53.

Comment

Why does it hold so much appeal for people? Aside from the graphics its a lame game!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
        Why does it hold so much appeal for people? Aside from the graphics its a lame game!
        I've already asked that

Comment

You might want to mention how the MegaCD version is even harder then the others thanks to a bit of tweaking that went on - see this DP thread that discussed it (and eventually discovered how to beat it): http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61869

Comment

Why Was It So Insanely Hard?

Comment

Are you covering the Atari Lynx version?

Comment

I think that's slightly unfair. Sure, it wasn't the deepest game, but for the time there were plenty of similar titles doing the rounds.

SotB has always been something of a 'tech demo' and the graphics were totally stunning for the time, but if you play it today it's still got a certain 'something' about it. Something that other games from the period lack.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  but if you play it today it's still got a certain 'something' about it. Something that other games from the period lack.
                  mmm, a t-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                    but if you play it today it's still got a certain 'something' about it. Something that other games from the period lack.
                    Agreed, although I think its the stench of a bad game , which is indeed lacking in much software from the time. (I wasn't a graphics whore at the time, still aren't I suppose)

Edit @ Strider - good good, glad I'm not the only puzzled at its widespread appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                      I've already asked that
                      yeah andit's damn good question, the games looks very nice indeed, and the music is excellent.... but the gameplay ?? ...
                      But they got better with part 2 and 3

Comment

The PC Engine & Megadrive versions are actually enjoyable to play, tho 'course the Amiga reigns over all

Ask em why the Snes version is so arrangly awful, I guess they didn't have a hand in it.....couldve been one of the best, is probably the worst.

Comment

SOTB was an astonishing game back in the day. The Graphics had a crisp sharp quality unseen before, and the sound was absolutely magnificent. It was the ambience and design style that captivated people- the gameplay was fairly weak, but not the travesty some make it out to be!

I want to know how they managed to get the game looking so good?

What were the good points of the Amiga that enabled things to look and sound so spectacular?

Why were the sequels so poor? Imo the graphics went down hill, and lost the vibrant crisp style, and the gameplay went in the wrong direction, and should have been a continuation of the arcade style with slightly better control etc...

Have they ever though of making a 3D modern version, maybe in the style of God Of War?

Comment

Working...
                          X