Punch Out/Super Punch Out - the love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punch Out/Super Punch Out - the love thread

Having an office to myself this afternoon, I've done the natural thing & foregone work in favour of musing on various games - specifically Punch Out in both Nes & Snes iterations.

Anyone else in love with these games? Simple, to pick up & play, difficult to beat - & painfully addictive in the process. Each of the opponents were wonderful characters (alright, Tyson's the exception there.) & very funny to boot.

It's been asked before, but quite why there hasn't been a GBA port/revision is mystifying. I need to dig my cart out again.

Classic games, good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
      It's been asked before, but quite why there hasn't been a GBA port/revision is mystifying.
      i would kill the battery with a copy of this.............. it must happen!!!

Comment

Super punch good memorys of that very satisfying whne you learn the timing of the counter punches also beating gabby jay as quickly as possible

Comment

never played super but the original is tops!
          Also super punch out can be played on one of the ea boxing games (gamecube) can't remember which tho.

Comment

These are absolutely the best boxing games ever made imo. It's a crime that there wasn't an update on n64, GC or GBA. I always thought a link up mode for two players would be serious fun.

Super Punch Out is my favourate Snes game bar none and was the first title I got when I rebought a Snes several years ago. I played the hell out it but I could never beat the old stick wielding guy who was clearly cheating.

Comment

Working...
            X