Megadrive/Genesis Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muse hunter
    Calm down its only a videogame forum, i think you misunderstood what TA said he meant it as on the snes there is nothing close to streets of rage 2, he did not mean streets of rage 2 is on the snes.
    Thanks that is what I meant.

Comment

...yet, the SNES beat the Megadrive in every department? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mu5

Batman Returns was fantastic also. Blew me away when I first played it good shout!

Thunderhawk was awesome also
        If you like those you love Cliffhanger on the Mega CD.
        John O'Brien was using the Batman Returns scaling engine to the max inthat game

Comment

Ranger X

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
            If you like those you love Cliffhanger on the Mega CD.
            John O'Brien was using the Batman Returns scaling engine to the max inthat game
            Ooooh - Good shout TA - and apologies for the mis-interpretation.

I must pick this up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
              Ooooh - Good shout TA - and apologies for the mis-interpretation.

I must pick this up again.
              No worries, I should have made my self more clear

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                Sonic CD (MCD - PAL > all)

I'll leave it there.
                Why is the PAL version better than the NTSC versions? Must be something uberwonderful to put up with playing the game in 50Hz?

Comment

Originally posted by m0nk3y
                  Must be something uberwonderful
                  Yes, it was

Comment

Originally posted by m0nk3y
                    Why is the PAL version better than the NTSC versions? Must be something uberwonderful to put up with playing the game in 50Hz?
                    The PAL game is arguably better than the US game because it uses the original Japanese soundtrack, instead of the (imo) mediocre US soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                      Why did EA put their games in those BIG carts? The first time I seen one, I thought that yellow bit on them was a button or something!
                      EA produced their own carts to avoid paying Sega to do it, I believe. Ballistix, Codemasters and some Taito games also came in their own 'personal' carts.

Mu5 - I think you're taking your attack on Kingston a little too far mate.

He's already stated that he prefers the SNES to the MD - and there's nothing wrong with that, just like if you posted on a thread that was dedicated to the SNES saying you prefered the MD. It's a bit silly to try and make out that because he prefers the Nintendo machine, he didn't own a MD.

Kingston has made it very clear that he likes the MD loads too (it is possible to like more than one console) and only a blinkered fool would try to claim that the SNES is a poor machine. The 16-bit era was probably the best I've experienced - and it was because there were two fan-bloody-tastic consoles fighting toe-to-toe at the time, both excellent in different areas. Everyone is going to have a favourite, to me and you it's the MD. To Kingston, it's the SNES. A bit of difference is what makes the world go round, after all!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                        and there's nothing wrong with that, just like if you posted on a thread that was dedicated to the SNES saying you prefered the MD.
                        Gazes into crystal ball.

Comment

Dont worry Duddy mate - next up is Amiga vs ST, then I think we will take it right back for some Speccy vs Commodore 64!! lol

Comment

next up is Amiga vs ST
                            Don't go there...as an ST owner who had loads of Amiga-owning friends, it's all too painful...

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                              It's a bit silly to try and make out that because he prefers the Nintendo machine, he didn't own a MD.
                              I think you picked me up wrong mate. He had mentioned that the SNES beat the MD in every area, thats why I couldn't beleive he had a MD.

Arcade conversions, shoot-em-ups and beat-em-ups all rocked on the MD

Atari ST appreciation thread - coming up soon

Comment

Atari ST appreciation thread - coming up soon
                                Just make sure it mentions Dungeon Master!

Comment

Working...
                                X