The Dreamcast appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
    Also not only doesn Le Mans look better than most moden racers its got far better AI too . A stunner of racer , shame it didn't have a full damge system though . That was the only real downer.
    Totally agree.

Fixing the controller ports is fairly simple. You can hack (not advised) the resister by twisting it so the contacts touch each other. Replace it with a new one (and the correct type) or a whole new board (probably the best solution).

I can't find a suitable link from where I'm posting but Google should reveal all. It usually does

Comment

LM24 is dual-format. Play it in a NTSC machine and you get the American version. (Test Drive Le Mans) Play it in a PAL machine and you get the PAL game "24 Heures Du Mans" or whatever.

Comment

Le Mans is a great racer, been playing it quite a bit recently. The graphics are amazing but shame it looks **** through a vga box, everything is so jagged it is horrible

Comment

WRONG! It looks ace and enhances the clarity of the image despite how a TV masks the aliasing. It's got such a vibrant and clearly defined image that never do I loose sight of the track despite half the stuff the game throws around (like in some other racing games, example being that one beginning with 'F', ends with 'orza').

I prefer jaggiest over half the graphically-filtered rubbish you see in 9/10 modern games. Mostly on the XBox too, bizarrely. Doesn't help the RGB image from an Xbox is terrible either but that's for another part of the forum I guess.

Comment

Jaggies + VGA box =

I'd have jaggies over blur anyday.

Le Mans gets such high detail by cheating slightly, there's no texture filtering on the cars (obvious in VGA). Barring that - lush, lush game, particularly in the implementation of weather + daylight transitions.

Comment

Agreed. Dreamcast vga is awesome and will only be surpassed by the next gen in terms of clarity and sharpness. Its turned me into a image snob though - i simply refuse to play certain games through scart when i know how good they look in vga. Ikaruga, shenmue, zero gunner, virtual on spring to mind

Comment

Hello chaps

Quick question....

Did Le Mans ever get a Japanese release in any shape or form?

Many thanks
                Jase

Comment

Yep, it did. Think it's quite uncommon though.

Comment

Cheers for the info mate!

(Goes off and adds another one to my 'wanted' list)

Comment

Working...
                    X