Xmas special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas special!

So then Mr.Strider, can we expect another bumper GamesTM Retro collection special this festive season? With maybe an original Oli Frey cover?

Go on, you know you want to.

Too right. The last retro collection was awesome and worth every penny of the ?9.99 I paid for it. Go on! You will! you will! you will! etc etc.

Comment

I'd buy it. It would provide a great distraction from the family.

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Not sure if there will be. Simply because I still see the old one on the shelves in various shops!
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That would be great!

I still have not fully read all of mine and pick it up for a flick through all the time. I also brought another copy for work

There still are a couple floating around my local WHsmith as well.

Comment

What's in the existing one? I never picked it up.

Comment

All the retro gubbins that was featured in the GamesTM issues. Can't recall what issue it went up to. It's well worth buying for a tenner, but if you've got all the GamesTM issues up to this point it will probably be a waste of money.

Comment

Ah I see, cheers Duddy.

Comment

Would rather see a new retro edge special or even better, another Retrogamer anthology.

EDIT: Oh dear looks like Retrogamer has biten the dust! Such a shame the best retro writing I've seen evar pretty much.
                    Last edited by gizmo1990; 07-10-2005, 21:42.

Comment

Maybe this will be a good read? Anyone heard anything about it?

Comment

I've pre-ordered...dunno what it will be like, looks good though.

Comment

Yep, I stuck my pre-order in too. Finger's crossed. What I'd personally like is something that really steeps itself the nostalgia. Everyone who writes in has to send in a pic of themselves circa 1983!

Comment

I just hope they can get the bloody thing off the ground! The Editor's log makes for worrying reading - he even edited part of the magazine on a C128!

Comment

Retro Gamer may have officially bitten the dust, but it still lives on in spirit:

Myself and other ex-RG freelancers have gotten together to release the above, featuring unpublished RG articles that never made it to print. It's being together solely by ex-freelancers, and is looking rather good.

It's release day is coming up rather fast, so while not quite in time for Christmas, it should provide some fun seasonal reading.

It'll include a rather excellent Vectrex article with some never seen before content, plus plenty of regular features that cropped in RG, and there's even an examination of a Japanese series of games, for all those import retro fans. We have also arranged a nice retro themed competition, with quite a nice high-value item up for grabs.

I'd hate to think everyone has forgotten about us just because Retro Bytes is launching.

EDIT:
                              The official tagline from Andrew Fisher, regarding Retro Survival:

- regular columns from RG including Auction Watch and Games That Weren't
                              - retro news
                              - at least two excellent hardware features, including issue 19's VECTREX feature by Mat Allen
                              - two famous games series profiled
                              - the unforgettable spoof ads
                              - a reader's competition with a great first prize

Comment

Working...
                              X