Retro Gamer is coming back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer is coming back

It's released in MCV now, so I guess I can tell you...

Retro Gamer will be back on sale from the 8th of December. I'll be leaving gamesTM and helming the project, and am really looking forward to it. The magazine will be going through a few changes, but will still feature many of the writers (as well as several new ones) that made Retro Gamer so enjoyable to read.

good, and good luck to you in your new role.

Comment

Good luck with it, are you going to keep the same focus as the magazine did before? Or will it be a completely fresh perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
        Good luck with it, are you going to keep the same focus as the magazine did before? Or will it be a completely fresh perspective?
        Fresh perspective mate. I always thought that RG focused on 8-bit computers too much. I'll be going for the same balance that gamesTM has.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
          Fresh perspective mate. I always thought that RG focused on 8-bit computers too much. I'll be going for the same balance that gamesTM has.
          Sounds good I'll have to watch out for it, and invest. Especially if you can cover a little bit more on the NTSC-J side of retro, which seems to be lost on the internet it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
            Sounds good I'll have to watch out for it, and invest. Especially if you can cover a little bit more on the NTSC-J side of retro, which seems to be lost on the internet it seems.
            No worries there mate

Comment

Good luck. Hope the magazine fares better on the shelf this time.

Comment

Superb news. Do you know who's going to be your replacement on GTM ?

Comment

So does that mean Highbury have bought RG or is it another publisher?

Comment

Imagine Publishing have acquired it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Glider
                      Superb news. Do you know who's going to be your replacement on GTM ?
                      No not yet.

Comment

Excellent news! Right, I'll be buying this every month now! I always thought the Retro section in GamesTM needed a bit more space - well now you've got it mate!

I know it's probably a bit early to say, but will the cover disc still be included? I always thought it was a waste of time and money, I never loaded a single coverdisc up the whole time I bought Retro Gamer. Without the disc the pricepoint could be made more appealing, too.

Good luck mate, really looking forward to this.

Comment

So is the art editior job they're advertising for RG?

And no, I don't really expect you to answer that

Comment

Great stuff, shall be resubscribing to that me thinks, do miss the monthly RG mag sitting on my dining table.

I wonder what the impact to GamesTM will be when you leave. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                              Excellent news! Right, I'll be buying this every month now! I always thought the Retro section in GamesTM needed a bit more space - well now you've got it mate!

I know it's probably a bit early to say, but will the cover disc still be included? I always thought it was a waste of time and money, I never loaded a single coverdisc up the whole time I bought Retro Gamer. Without the disc the pricepoint could be made more appealing, too.

Good luck mate, really looking forward to this.
                              There won't be a cover disc, and the price will be ?4.99

So at least you'll be saving a pound (unless you subscribe of course )

Comment

Working...
                              X