Final Fight Suitcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fight Suitcase

Behold! A Jamma suitcase that I wired an RGB SCART cable to today. The thing was originally used by a developer to test boards and for whatever reason had no video output. I got given it and it's sat in my loft until I bought a Final Fight PCB. So, today I wired in the RGB cable and switched it on, ta da, it works

I'll be building something a bit more useful in the months ahead.

How wonderfully hatstand

Comment

WOW!

The monitor on the left is more interesting tbh, like them.

Comment

Aluminum Flight case with board and cabling built in that has a cool flat black top with a few tiny switches and uses Pads = Cool City

Drill case that has two joysticks badly fitted and 4 buttons that looked like an after thought by someone who decided it didn't want the drill and looking like it's covered in like dust.= Nerdville.

O_O;

Comment

I like it but it could do with a dust.

Comment

Why have you got a printer and a monitor balanced on top of those speakers? Are you in a circus.

Interesting setup btw.

Comment

That is brilliant!

Drill case that has two joysticks badly fitted and 4 buttons that looked like an after thought by someone who decided it didn't want the drill and looking like it's covered in like dust.= Nerdville.
              The guy already said that it was only used for testing boards...not for impressing geeks like yourself.

Comment

That is totally mad. Mind you, with a bit of time and effort, you should be able to convert the innards into something quite tasty.

I am guessing if you knew how to wire in a scart lead, you will have no probs doing something like that! Is the board inside the case? If so you will have to be careful as some boards will not fit in there. Make sure the JAMMA harness is long enough dude!

Comment

I'm going to make a nice box for the PCB and leave it in there. Then attach external video and audio leads, external PSU and then maybe rewire a couple of Hori RAPs for controls. I don't want a generic jamma player as I don't want to be swapping and potentially killing PCBs. If I get say a SF2 board then I'll build another 'PCB box'.

As for "uses pads", WTF??? I don't remember my arcade having pads hanging out the fronts of the machines

I thought about getting it to output VGA and running it through a big LCD TV, but you just can't beat chunky CRT displays where you can see the black lines between the pixels

Comment

Originally posted by razu
                    As for "uses pads", WTF??? I don't remember my arcade having pads hanging out the fronts of the machines
                    YOu want to come to Japan then mate I've seen arcade cabs with Saturn pads hanging out of them. Famicom arcade boards with Famicom Pads and Naomi cabs with Dreamcast pads (not that DC in an arcade cab adaptor either).

Yakumo

Comment

Bloody japanese casuals

Comment

Working...
                      X