Is Digital Press down AGAIN??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Digital Press down AGAIN??

Seriously, that site seems to be offline more often that it is on the last year or so ... anyone know what the score is with it at the moment?

Tirian

Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of it too. I thought all this was meant to be fixed afgter the last crash...

Comment

A move to a different board software (away from phpBB) is probably needed. Following the recent set of updates, someone launched another DoS against the site and took it down. It's back up... well in theory terms. The current hosts are reluctant to continue to host the site due to the two recent attacks, so a move may be needed.

So the site could be down for up to 2 weeks with any changes required.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I guessed it might be something along those lines. I really don't get why anyone would go to the trouble of targetting DP. I mean, what's the glory in that?

'W00t, I can bring down a retro-game website'.

It's the small-time criminal equivalent of knocking over a granny, surely?

So ... two weeks. Is that two weeks from now, or two weeks from when it went down a week ago?

Tirian
        Last edited by Tirian; 04-11-2005, 10:04.

Comment

That sucks, I love visiting DP, and I was wondering what was up with it too.. I suppose now I know..!

damn hax0rs.

Comment

Seems to be back up... faster than lightning work?
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
            X