Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point in buying something like that anyway? The fun of retro gaming is usually in hunting out the bargains or when something rare you never see finally pops up on eBay... I know I for one actually spend more time buying/shopping/researching games than actually playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by 12-51-00 View Post
      What's the point in buying something like that anyway? The fun of retro gaming is usually in hunting out the bargains or when something rare you never see finally pops up on eBay... I know I for one actually spend more time buying/shopping/researching games than actually playing them.
      Right you are sir, Just now i scored Alf fo the ms .
      Only "semi rare" but i've been looking for a nice complete one now for the better part of a year so i'm bloody extatic.

It's true the chase is half the fun, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly View Post

Maybe someone should inform him he appears to own this game already
        Given that he bought it just a couple of weeks ago from Bulgaria, maybe it wasn't worth updating the page since it probably only just arrived and he was only hanging onto it long enough to take the photo ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kerberus View Post
          The price might be up there but i have to say that it looks like it might be worth it.

Just noticed he ended the auction early, guess he got offended by the two 100/111 offers lol.

Lucky for me i only collect ms/md otherwise i would have called my dad for a quickie loan.

I?m new here btw so hi all be gentle with me....hehe.....
          How strange... some of the stuff missing is easily found for a few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
            Given that he bought it just a couple of weeks ago from Bulgaria, maybe it wasn't worth updating the page since it probably only just arrived and he was only hanging onto it long enough to take the photo ...
            PD Saga?
            Last edited by wheelaa; 22-07-2007, 12:07.

Comment

Yes, yes, I am aware that you believe it a mortal sin for anyone to sell something for a profit. Unless it's yourself.

And if I hadn't told you about the PD Saga, you wouldn't have had one of your own. But let's not have this boring little squabble again, didn't we do that here once already? And talked it over in person? I know you and disagree here, and so do you!
              Last edited by Tirian; 22-07-2007, 12:30.

Comment

Well that wasn't the point.

"he was only hanging onto it long enough to take the photo"

whereas you didn't even wait to receive the PD Saga. Pot, kettle, black.

Comment

sealed dreamcast games

Comment

I think perhaps you are reading too much into my words. I made a statement, not an accusation - and your initial reply was oblique to say the least, so small wonder I can't guess what your angle is. I'm still not sure why we're clogging up this thread with that discussion though ... if you want to go over it, why not PM me - or I'll buy you a pint somewhere and we can discuss it over a cold one.

In the meantime, back on topic - some pretty hair-raising prices for some sealed MD/MCD games:

Comment

Mm, nice price for the "OMG RAREZ!" japanese Sonic CD ...

Comment

There's this auction from earlier in the year for Shadow of the Colossus. I found it while trying to find out how much the LE was worth, I'm sure the only other one I saw ages ago went for $400.

It's a real mess trying to sell rarer things now unless you have a fixed price in mind - sell outside the main games categories and avoid the 9% rate but end up with even less people finding your auction. Or go with ebay.com and add 2.5% for paypals $>? conversion I'll probably have to pull a couple of the auctions I listed yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                          Mm, nice price for the "OMG RAREZ!" japanese Sonic CD ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonic-CD-Japanes...QQcmdZViewItem
                          Now that really is taking the piss, he also seems to forget to mention that the manual is clearly missing.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                            Now that really is taking the piss, he also seems to forget to mention that the manual is clearly missing.
                            No one would be stupid enough to buy it though. At least I hope not!
                            Last edited by mezzanine; 27-07-2007, 12:54.

Comment

Some nice brand new Sega stuff on that link Joel.. sealed stuff does tend to go kerrrrazay.

I wonder what my sealed Prize Fighter (MCD) is worth? I got it off the 'bay actually for about 5 pound, then 3 weeks later saw an unsealed one (without spinecard) go for about 12 pound. I also still have a sealed Keio Flying Squadron (MCD)

A lot of the MCD games can be found sealed if you look hard enough..

Comment

The prices for sealed MCD stuff seem to fluctuate a lot - there are certain games of which there are lots of sealed copies around, and depending on how long it is since someone's tried to sell any they can go for peanuts or for big cash.

The games of which there seem to be large amounts of sealed copies floating around are: Keio Flying Squadron (I see more sealed copies of this than open ones!), Prize Fighter, Terminator, Lawnmower Man, Ecco 2: Tides of Time

And to a lesser extent: Ecco, Eternal Champions, Wolfchild, Dune ... and Lords of Thunder

A while ago, there were tons of sealed copies of Powermonger, NBA Jam, Kids on Site and the Animals floating around too but they seem to have dried up somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                                X