Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it "dose not exist" what is the seller going to post out? Confusing stuff

Comment

Wow this guy has posted his entire collection all at once! over 7000 auctions

link to auctions

And the shocking part? 0.01p start price but ?12.57 delivery

Comment

Think of the postage trips

Or should I say packaging shinanigans.
        Last edited by Pilotwings; 29-03-2008, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
          Wow this guy has posted his entire collection all at once! over 7000 auctions

link to auctions

And the shocking part? 0.01p start price but ?12.57 delivery

Um, that seller is based in the US - the shipping cost within the US is $4.90 - and he also says in his auctions that international bidders can get combined shipping and it will be based on the USPS Express Mail International cost.

I'm not an expert on prices for that service, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started at around $25. Probably much more worthwhile if you get a bunch of stuff.

Comment

However, I would be a little wary about bidding on these items - for instance, he has 27 copies of Chrono Trigger for the SNES on auction, but only two different photos are used in all of those auctions.

I suspect either foul play or a rather big listing cock-up!!

Comment

Look how many copys of Ogre Battle 64 he has aswell..

Comment

Only a business could manage an auction with that many items... it's either sheer stupidity on the seller's part, and will ultimately end in disaster when it comes time to process all his sales, or it's just plain fraud.

Comment

I just came across one of that seller's listings for Contra: Hard Corps. In the questions to seller at the bottom he says he had some kind of problem with his ISP that caused the multiple listing of his items and they are working with ebay to fix it.

Comment

Just following up from earlier - I'm due to receive a bonus from work in a week or two so I'm looking to grab a JPN Contra Hard Corps whilst I have the money as I may never be able to afford it otherwise. How much should I be looking to pay? I've seen two on ebay tonight, both foreign European sellers - one wants £100 on B-I-N and the other is a shade under £80. Is that too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                      However, I would be a little wary about bidding on these items - for instance, he has 27 copies of Chrono Trigger for the SNES on auction, but only two different photos are used in all of those auctions.

I suspect either foul play or a rather big listing cock-up!!
                      eBay cockup apparently... someone I know contacted the seller and was told he only has one of each item but eBay managed to screw something up and list everything multiple times...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Saw this on another forum - not retro, but:

Still, at least he gets free postage for it. Username for winner suggests bid might not be entirely serious though
                        Last edited by Hohum; 02-04-2008, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                          Just following up from earlier - I'm due to receive a bonus from work in a week or two so I'm looking to grab a JPN Contra Hard Corps whilst I have the money as I may never be able to afford it otherwise. How much should I be looking to pay? I've seen two on ebay tonight, both foreign European sellers - one wants ?100 on B-I-N and the other is a shade under ?80. Is that too much?
                          found this if this helps

Comment

[quote=garrz32;1329841]found this if this helps

http://www.japangamestock.com/buy_vi...oducts_id=8490[/quote

Er, that's even more expensive. Genki have one for about ?70 I think but I've been told ?50 is about right.

Comment

yeah,only looked at genki after posted i that link

Comment

Mega CD mentalism ...

I expect to see a few more copies of this suddenly surfacing ... a copy of Adventures of Batman and Robin sold for less than this recently - and ABR is easily rarer!

Comment

Working...
                                X