Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's insulting. Can he really be making a living like this especially in this economy?

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool View Post
      It's insulting. Can he really be making a living like this especially in this economy?
      Call me sad but I took a butchers at his buyers' feedback. Console bundles aside, the only games he's sold for notable value in the last 90 days have been Eye of the Beholder (MCD) and Megaman 3 (NES) for fifty apiece, Adventures of Batman and Robin (SNES) for ?65, Outrun 3D (SMS) for ?66, Panzer Dragoon Saga for ?150 and some nutter paid two tons for Megaman Wily Wars (MD). Not a single Snatcher or Shining Force CD has he sold in that time, just mostly ?1.99 tat. He hasn't even managed to shift some of his other 'bargains' like Night Trap or Kriss Kross Make My Video for *snigger* ?50 apiece.

Comment

In the long run though, he might be laughing... (sadly)
        Once there are so little of these to go around and the retro collectors flood in years on, they will have no place left to go but Spence...

Comment

Yeah, I can just see them all queuing up for Kris Kross now...

Comment

He aso bought that lot mr wistles just got a refund on

Comment

Yeah and for half the price too!

Comment

Won't be when he puts them up on eBay lol

Comment

He's already put it up for ?5k.

Comment

5K?!?!?! That's absurd.

Comment

They look to be in alright condition to me

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                        They look to be in alright condition to me
                        Don't go there...

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                          5K?!?!?! That's absurd.
                          Seriously, we need to organise a consortium to start spam buying this guy's crap and put an end to the insanity!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                            Seriously, we need to organise a consortium to start spam buying this guy's crap and put an end to the insanity!
                            I really cant see anything wrong with what hes doing - he is clearly trying to make a living (and i'm sure its not easy buying /selling to do so in this climate, as there isnt alot of cash about)

Video games are no different to any other product - its just the passion that most on this forum (including me) apply to them. Other hobbies that i have are no different - when buying on ebay a select amount of sellers have all the tasty items and your choice of seller is limited.

Video game shops such as VGI and (many of the older ones than have long gone) charged pretty unrealistic prices for retro items, for along time. I am sure many of these traders have now turned to the internet for a much wider market.

People are obviously willing to pay the money for these items, so hes got a market - nothing really interests me that he sells, so my opinion might be influenced by that
                            Last edited by dvdx2; 26-08-2010, 08:06.

Comment

dvdx2 makes a good point, but there is making a living and there is stupid. I would say his prices are unrealistic and it doesn't seem like people are actually buying his higher priced items.

Comment

In the long run he is holding out on a dying market with degrading goods, his loss in the end

Comment

Working...
                                X