This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
    dvdx2 makes a good point, but there is making a living and there is stupid. I would say his prices are unrealistic and it doesn't seem like people are actually buying his higher priced items.
    i doubt hes really selling much of those overpriced items anyway. Trying to sell expensive items on ebay nowadays is really tough anyway, epecially buy it nows. People want the stuff for peanuts

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      Seriously, we need to organise a consortium to start spam buying this guy's crap and put an end to the insanity!
      I did put in an offer of ?17.56 for that Megadrive stick, with a note to the seller saying I'd match what he paid for it. Needless to say my offer was rejected.

Comment

Why on earth would you do that?

Comment

Why on earth would you do that?
          'Cause the guy's a twat.

Comment

But doesn't that make you just as much a twat for doing that?

Comment

But doesn't that make you just as much a twat for doing that?
              Not in my eyes. I make an honest living and despise profiteering.

Comment

I'm sure he makes an honest living too. No one forces people to buy.

I don't understand your hate. Do you boycott all shops as well?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  i doubt hes really selling much of those overpriced items anyway. Trying to sell expensive items on ebay nowadays is really tough anyway, epecially buy it nows. People want the stuff for peanuts
                  At the same time there is selling a expensive at the market value and not trying to charge an extra ?40+ on top. I would gladly pay ?50-?60 for Shining Force CD but to ask ?100 for it is just way to much and just pricing yourself out of the market and pure profiteering.

Comment

I'm sure he makes an honest living too. No one forces people to buy.

I don't understand your hate. Do you boycott all shops as well?
                    To me there is a big difference between a shop and Spence. Shops tend to buy stock in large quantities, keeping the cost price down. The low cost price shops pay for stock usually equates to reasonably priced goods for the consumer. They also provide other services such as a point where goods may be returned and advice to customers.

Spence, on the other hand, buys his stock at any cost and provides no service whatsoever. It's not even like he has contacts in Japan -- he's simply buying up stuff on eBay that any old Tom, Dick or Harry could do. What extra service is Spence providing when he sells that stick for £50 that the original seller wouldn't have provided for £17.56? Feck all, that's what. He is simply stockpiling.

I know I don't have to buy from him - I already own Snatcher and Shining Force CD anyway - but it f*ck's me off that other gamers aren't being given the opportunity to enjoy these great titles while that cockend is sitting on a load of them and asking outrageous prices like a monkey for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                      They look to be in alright condition to me
                      I had to wee myself a little bit with that comment

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                        To me there is a big difference between a shop and Spence. Shops tend to buy stock in large quantities, keeping the cost price down. The low cost price shops pay for stock usually equates to reasonably priced goods for the consumer. They also provide other services such as a point where goods may be returned and advice to customers.

Spence, on the other hand, buys his stock at any cost and provides no service whatsoever. It's not even like he has contacts in Japan -- he's simply buying up stuff on eBay that any old Tom, Dick or Harry could do. What extra service is Spence providing when he sells that stick for £50 that the original seller wouldn't have provided for £17.56? Feck all, that's what. He is simply stockpiling.

I know I don't have to buy from him - I already own Snatcher and Shining Force CD anyway - but it f*ck's me off that other gamers aren't being given the opportunity to enjoy these great titles while that cockend is sitting on a load of them and asking outrageous prices like a monkey for them.

I can see what you are saying and I do not agree with a lot of the prices he asks, but he is still just making a living.

If people DO pay the stuff he sells at high value prices then you can hardly blame him for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                          At the same time there is selling a expensive at the market value and not trying to charge an extra ?40+ on top. I would gladly pay ?50-?60 for Shining Force CD but to ask ?100 for it is just way to much and just pricing yourself out of the market and pure profiteering.
                          profit is what business is about whether your selling video games or vacuum cleaners

He probably bought the item for around ?50-60. Listing a ?100 item on ebay (insertion fees), then paying a final value fee/PP fees, probably reduces his profit by a further ?10-?15 ish. Then multiple relists dent into the profit even more if it doesnt sell (very likely).

If it even sells he probably isnt making as much as you think

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

He is running a business, not a charity. If someone wants to pay ?100 for shining force cd, then thats there choice. (personally i dont think any game is worth that anyway). If they cant afford it and are desperate to play it, its not to hard to use an emulator, like many on this forum do to play retro games.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              profit is what business is about whether your selling video games or vacuum cleaners

He probably bought the item for around ?50-60. Listing a ?100 item on ebay (insertion fees), then paying a final value fee/PP fees, probably reduces his profit by a further ?10-?15 ish. Then multiple relists dent into the profit even more if it doesnt sell (very likely).

If it even sells he probably isnt making as much as you think
                              That also the reason, he's not selling them as he buying then at market price. If you really want to make money you try to buy them below market price and then sell it at or just above simple economics.

The fact that there are also three other buy it now sellers with cheaper but still a bit to expensive copy suggests he's on a real losing idea for Shining Force CD. Those copies have also been listed for a few months as well and no sale either.

You only need to really look at Amazon and some of the rare playstation one games to see the same thing. At least on amazon some sellers have the code sence to sell the games at around market value prices.

Comment

I know they are rare but this is pretty steep:

Comment

Working...
                                X